• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

uvelocity

International Coach
nah i was watching a **** small tv while watching all manner of dogs and nags come 4th and lower

all ball fees were returned to the club

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He played a game for Victoria in which he was only allowed to bowl 12 overs a day - and he did exactly that, 12 overs in each innings. Then he went to India and bowled 9 overs in a tour game, had the second tour game off, and this is this third game back. Coming into this game he'd bowled 33 overs since his injury.

So in other words, **** all.
Very few of those overs in the Shield game were full out too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Henriques selection makes more sense if this is how Pattinson was always going to be used, at least. Not that he scored less runs than I would've expected anyone else in the squad to score or anything, even if he gets a duck second innings, but still.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder if people would still be as supportive of the number of overs Patto bowled if he didn't get any wickets.

Mr_Ronan

Banned
If you think its even, you could win some dough:

India: $2.32
Australia $6
Draw: $2.46

Just put $100 on Aussie win at $6.

SIX DOLLARS for an Aussie win!! The bookies have gone mad but that's awesome for me :laugh:

The chances of a draw seem remote at this point and India are still 200 behind and will have to bat last on a very worn pitch.

They have India at $2.32 for the win!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :wacko:

It never ceases to amaze me how often people understimate the difficulty of chasing down a score, even a small total like 180, particularly on a really worn pitch that will offer a lot of variable bounce.

For example, if a team is defending 200, all it takes is for them to get a side 2-12 like Aus did today and suddenly, to the chasing team, it feels like they're chasing 400. The psychological pressure batsmen feel in chases cannot be underestimated and is the reason that teams very rarely succesfully chase more than 220 or 230...even on good pitches.

I'm not saying Australia are clear favourites to win. But I still think they are definitely in the better position...and odds of $6 are mental!!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
$6 does seen crazy. Even if you think it's even, surely Australia can't be that behind...

It must have been the action that drove that number up....were they getting massive money on India early on that they had to make the Aussie bet so enticing?

I wish I could gamble from the US :(.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Just put $100 on Aussie win at $6.

SIX DOLLARS for an Aussie win!! The bookies have gone mad but that's awesome for me :laugh:

The chances of a draw seem remote at this point and India are still 200 behind and will have to bat last on a very worn pitch.

They have India at $2.32 for the win!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :wacko:

It never ceases to amaze me how often people understimate the difficulty of chasing down a score, even a small total like 180, particularly on a really worn pitch that will offer a lot of variable bounce.

For example, if a team is defending 200, all it takes is for them to get a side 2-12 like Aus did today and suddenly, to the chasing team, it feels like they're chasing 400. The psychological pressure batsmen feel in chases cannot be underestimated and is the reason that teams very rarely succesfully chase more than 220 or 230...even on good pitches.

I'm not saying Australia are clear favourites to win. But I still think they are definitely in the better position...and odds of $6 are mental!!
Aagree with you on the rest of it, but I think the bolded part has been overstated lately, particularly for Tests in India. No side has been bowled out at all in the 4th innings there for five years.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The one time in my life I want Jono to speak to me, he doesn't.

Anyway I got 5.7 on Betfair, and I feel dirty for it, really horridly disgusting festeringly pus-filled, **** and blood-stained, filthy. :(

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Good wheels from Pattinson. Don't mind him being used in short spells. Would rather that happen and he plays all the tests, instead of him breaking down and missing two or three of them. I was really worried he'd broken down when I saw the end of play scorecard thought.

Mr_Ronan

Banned
Good wheels from Pattinson. Don't mind him being used in short spells. Would rather that happen and he plays all the tests, instead of him breaking down and missing two or three of them. I was really worried he'd broken down when I saw the end of play scorecard thought.
I agree he should be kept in cotton wool but if he was fit to bowl 12 overs in each innings of his comeback Shield game last month surely he could have bowled one more spell...9 overs in a day is still a very easy workload.

Australia desperately needed to break that stand and giving him a run at Kohli and Tendulkar was surely a good idea.

I rate Clarke so highly as a captain though that I never really get upset with his captaincy I just accept any seemingly poor decisions because I know for the most part he is genius.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
They said the plan was to bring him back but they thought Starc was bowling well so didn't bother. Yeah, they probably could have given him an extra spell, but I'm not too concerned about it tbh. It's very early in the series, and with four tests rammed into just over a month, you don't want you best quick burning out early. They'll probably be some long innings in those four tests as well.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
First proper look at Henriques bowling and I'm quietly impressed. Yes, it was only 8 overs, but he looks to have a strong, repeatable action and good control over his lengths.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Some good stuff at the back end of the thread. But my God it can be an echo chamber in here at times.

amazing how much the commentators are being so kind to Harbhajan. Like encouraging an under 12s bowler to keep trying.

edit: fu Spkey
Yeah, it was cringeworthy at times.

ffs, had my gf nagging me all day, have missed most of the first session. Couple that with the slight concussion I have from smacking my head on a cabinet it's been a trying day. Fortunately I have the best smelling slow cooked lamb shanks ready to come out of the cooker in 1.5 hours to save the day.

K33n.

Need P00jara early.
U mad I beat you up boi? :cool:

Patto with inswing? Action seems a bit more chest on too. Maybe just haven't seen him bowl for a while.
Think it was just really early reverse swing tbh.

Making fun of commentary cliches is becoming a match thread cliche of its own tbh.
Haha, quite.

And Cameron White.
Craig Meschede in FC cricket too.

I keep telling you, I only read my own posts.
So you just happened to quote Jono and reply in the correct context....

Seems like I'm about two balls behind. Still haven't seen the wicket.
:laugh:

Yeah but the occasional handy innings doesn't make up for averaging 41 as a frontline Test bowler. FORTY ONE. Would have been better off playing an extra paceman given there was reasonable depth in that area.
Five front line quicks is just overdoing it though. Might as well play a spinner, if he's a much inferior bowler.

Been in the game so long he's gotten shorter.
Plus people are taller nowadays.

The **** the comms talking about here? That graph for Lyon is almost exactly the same length Ashwin's was. It's the pace he's bowling at and the players he's bowling to, not the length he's bowled.
It's like that comparison you talked about with Ashwin and Harby yesterday. The comms clearly had a preconceived idea that they were different, and decided to continue with it, even when evidence was revealed proving it not the case.

Teja.

Global Moderator
The one time in my life I want Jono to speak to me, he doesn't.

Anyway I got 5.7 on Betfair, and I feel dirty for it, really horridly disgusting festeringly pus-filled, **** and blood-stained, filthy. :(
Australlia were offering 6 on bet365 at close of play. It's dropped to 5.5 now.