Page 12 of 711 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    SOK's action too
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

get Rogers in or something, although he is pretty much blind so there's a slight handicap

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    SOK's action too
    Haha it's not really a coincidence that most of O'Keefe's fans become sold on him without (or at least before) actually sitting down and watching him bowl properly. He was really unlucky not to be picked when Beer was picked against England, especially since Beer had done nothing, but as I said at the time, if you watched them both bowl you'd at least get it, even if you strongly disagreed with it.
    ~ Cribbage

western australian come victorian come sydney thunder. no thanks

when do they announce the tzeam anyways
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

Feels weird to be supporting India in a series again. Been a while
    I'm always suspicious of shops that sell bait.

western australian come victorian come sydney thunder. no thanks
    yeah was gonna add that's also part of the handicap

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Haha it's not really a coincidence that most of O'Keefe's fans become sold on him without (or at least before) actually sitting down and watching him bowl properly. He was really unlucky not to be picked when Beer was picked against England, especially since Beer had done nothing, but as I said at the time, if you watched them both bowl you'd at least get it, even if you strongly disagreed with it.
    Just one thing though, wouldn't India perhaps suit SOK and his style? like isn't the problem that he basically does nothing in the air (bar some angle...) which makes him a no goer in Aus, but in India where maybe he can expect some kick and bite from the pitch...?

Just one thing though, wouldn't India perhaps suit SOK and his style? like isn't the problem that he basically does nothing in the air (bar some angle...) which makes him a no goer in Aus, but in India where maybe he can expect some kick and bite from the pitch...?
    I don't think he puts enough revs on the ball, especially in terms of overspin, to really be a threat in India.

before the end of the month if you can read this ****s

State Captain
    I've heard people say that flat, fastish finger spinners are the way to go in India. I'm non committal but tis what I've heard. Maybe for the reason mentioned earlier that you don't have to flight it or spin it too hard to get turn there. What you need is the accuracy. So apart from the ? over Lyon's ability to secure the latter necessity conditions should suit there.

O'Keefe is the ultimate player to select if you were selecting a team that was Ordinary away? Go for the DRAW

Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    I've heard people say that flat, fastish finger spinners are the way to go in India. I'm non committal but tis what I've heard. Maybe for the reason mentioned earlier that you don't have to flight it or spin it too hard to get turn there. What you need is the accuracy. So apart from the ? over Lyon's ability to secure the latter necessity conditions should suit there.
    The ball spits in India, but you still need to spin it hard and get the ball rotating quickly even if you're not really going for dip. Bowling fast spin is still pointless if you're really just bowling nude darts.

A lot was said about how Panesar bowled quickly and accurately, but what made him successful was his ability to do that without compromising the work he was putting on the ball. A classic case of trying to get the ball up and down as quickly as possible; not exactly a case of getting the ball to the other end as quickly as possible.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 24-01-2013 at 04:56 AM.

Wasn't much different to Panesar's natural arc though, he's never really gotten much overspin on the ball. Swann and Panesar are both bowlers who can get serious work on the ball at 90-95km/h; it's one thing that Lyon definitely cannot do, and SOK's quick stuff just slides straight on.

Good sign to see O'Keefe getting some good turn on day 1 of the Shield game though; might be properly ragging by the end of the match.

So PEWS or vic, which past Australian bowler would be equivalent to what O'Keefe bowls? Any recent Indian spinners that you think he bowls similarly to?

Thread Information