• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You can't recall Vijay and drop him after one test. The **** is **** but that is horrible selection policy.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can't recall Vijay and drop him after one test. The **** is **** but that is horrible selection policy.
correcting a massive selection mistake though. it's not like he's banged the door to get back into the team

Andre

International Regular
Lol, your hatred for Manjrekar always brings a smile to my face. It brings you out of the woodwork all the time.
Its borderline irrational. I can't explain it.

Can't believe they give him a microphone.

Meanwhile, Pujara looks a good player doesn't he.

Mr_Ronan

Banned
Clarke has got to give Patto another go after Starc is done. He troubled Pujara with his pace and would definitely do the same to Tendulkar you'd imagine.

We can't afford to let these two get well set or they will pile on the runs.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pujara looks so good. May not have come out like Sachin did, but does not look at weak against Starc around the wicket as Sachin is looking.

What a man Che is.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Looks vulnerable to me at times.
Yeah, Tendulkar's definitely looking decidedly restless.

He looks a million times better than anything from the England series but definitely not ruthlessly calm or anything.

Andre

International Regular
That should do for Starc. Ordinary spell, has bowled some real mixed bags in his short Test career.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yup.

Honestly, the selections that need to be made seem so ****ing obvious to me that I don't actually understand how they could **** it up like this.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I don't care he should have not been selected anyway. He was looking dodgy as hell, against a Pub level Mumbai attack on a flat wicket the other day.

Just somehow tonned up though because he wasn't given LBW plumb 2 times. dropped 1 time and out of a no ball 1 time and got into the team ffs. Just has a habit of doing that before selection and selectors select him. So Irritating.

Dhawan isn't great either, though maybe better than Vijay. And i don't want Rahane opening really.

Plus what to do with Sehwag ?

Teja.

Global Moderator
Nah, to me a mediocre batsman is someone who can do a reasonable job and probably just hold onto their place in a mid-table Test side for a while, but one who you don't really worry about scoring lots of runs against your side. While a dire batsman is just not Test standard. Vijay falls into the latter IMO.
FTR, My distinction is that it wouldn't be surprising at all to see Vijay ton up against a non England/SA/Oz attack. He's a reasonably decent bat against non-top class bowling.

He really should not have made the test side and was always going to be slaughtered here but he's not a truly terrible bat.

Pedantic debates ftw. :p

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't care he should have not been selected anyway. He was looking dodgy as hell, against a Pub level Mumbai attack on a flat wicket the other day.

Just somehow tonned up though because he wasn't given LBW plumb 2 times. dropped 1 time and out of a no ball 1 time and got into the team ffs. Just has a habit of doing that before selection and selectors select him. So Irritating.

Dhawan isn't great either, though maybe better than Vijay. And i don't want Rahane opening really.

Plus what to do with Sehwag ?
I dunno, it sends the wrong message. I agree Vijay doesn't belong. But what is the message that is sending - "hey man if we recall you you have two innings to perform. If you don't, we'll **** you back off"

Ideally Vijay isnt selected in the firt place and Rahane is. But what ya gonna do?