• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sarah Taylor to (possibly) play County 2nd XI cricket

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sussex (Y)

Might get some good advice from Prior if the seconds mix with firsts for training. Not the best avenue for advice on keeping, but a decent option nonetheless.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lots of women play first grade club cricket which is in essentially only one level below county Second XI stuff, it's not that big a leap. I just hope that if she does play it's because Sussex think she's the best available player (which I doubt) and not just as a stunt or a nice gesture.
Really?

Years ago, Australia's best female bowler (and reputedly the quickest in the world at the time) trained regularly with our club

At best, she was 3rd grade standard

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Well Elysse Perry played Sydney First Grade last year IIRC, which is stronger than the vast majority of club comps around, and acquitted herself pretty well, from memory.

benchmark00

Well Elysse Perry played Sydney First Grade last year IIRC, which is stronger than the vast majority of club comps around, and acquitted herself pretty well, from memory.
No she didn't. She played in the u/21's competition. Elyse Perry is junk standard.

Top_Cat

Yeah and Karen Rolton once smashed Port Adelaide C's around (and got some press) but played no higher.

There should be nothing stopping women cricketers from trying to play men's cricket and I doubt there is any more but I'd be surprised if any of them made even a regular spot in 1sts their own. If one came along who did, that'd be great but I can't see it at this stage.

uvelocity

International Coach
How can you be a fan of women's cricket? I really don't understand it. It's such poor quality. It's like saying 'nah not a fan of professional golf, I'd rather go down to my local club and watch people who play off a 25 handicap go round'. Makes no sense to me.
I enjoy much more watching my mates play local and state cup afl and league, stand on the hill and sink a few tinnies with mutual mates than go watch nrl/afl games tbh