• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Flem274*

123/5
Is Redmond out of the frame now?
Who knows. Was dropped from his domestic team last season then stormed back to the pointy end of the run charts this season. Could be a bolter I guess but he isn't really the type of batsman to get picked as a bolter. At best he's 4th behind Guptill, Fulton and Flynn if McCullum is down the order for good. I think his opening partner Rutherford might be ahead of him too due to being the future etc.

stumpski

International Captain
Tidy start from Swann. We didn't see much of Taylor in the T20s but at least he can play himself in here.

BeeGee

International Captain
I can't emphasize enough how important this innings is for Taylor. Desperately needs some time in the middle.

vandem

International 12th Man
Am at work so only have Cricinfo to go on ... but looks good for Taylor, 5 (25) is a good sighter, then first couple of boundaries were NOT the slog-sweep.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pretty sure NZ have got this. Yeah it's a bit slow but England had a collapse of 6/60 they've got to manufacture at some point and they've not got the new balls any more.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think this run chase is going come down to our tail. Ellis was picked as the 3rd seamer so I will be interested to see if he can contribute with the bat.

stumpski

International Captain
Big wicket - and two years after taking a 6-for in his second game, Woakes makes it into double figures. :)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
If we're saving McCullum for some reason, would have preferred Franklin in now.

In saying that, superb French cut by Elliott

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I still don't have a lot of faith in Elliott despite SA scores. Definitely prefers to nurdle around pace rather than spin.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ooooh let's talk about the powerplay n ****. Apparently McCullum is saving himself for the batting powerplay.

Prepare for 5 overs, 15/3.