• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hrmm, so are Guptill and McClenaghan out of reckoning for the test matches? A shame though would make selecting the XI easier.

Flem274*

123/5
If McCullum bats in the middle order for tests as rumoured, then that means no Guptill = more Fulton.

I don't think Fulton will add much more with the bat and Guptill is a world class fielder.

Mike5181

International Captain
If McCullum bats in the middle order for tests as rumoured, then that means no Guptill = more Fulton.

I don't think Fulton will add much more with the bat and Guptill is a world class fielder.
No, Fulton would already be in the team.

Flem274*

123/5
Fulton's gonna play IMO. He was going to play in South Africa, then got injured, came back and scored more runs. Nothing's happened to make them change their minds on that really.
Flynn took up opening since his return from SA, and I reckon he got the tap on the shoulder from the selectors to try that. Fulton was only there due to the Taylor fiasco and Flynn was already first choice (albeit as a middle order batsman), so I think the selectors were still undecided on the opening spot and were looking at two of Guptill, Fulton and Flynn. Guptill just solved their selection problem.