• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

thierry henry

International Coach
I would say that England were set up ok and the middle order just haven't done that well- and the slightly (only slightly) slow going of the top-order was justified by reasonable concern that they had a longish lower-order/tail.

The real fallacy here is the idea that once the top order sets it up, it's just a formality. The runs still have to be got at the death.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I would say that England were set up ok and the middle order just haven't done that well- and the slightly (only slightly) slow going of the top-order was justified by reasonable concern that they had a longish lower-order/tail.

The real fallacy here is the idea that once the top order sets it up, it's just a formality. The runs still have to be got at the death.
Yeah, spot on.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Broad forgets he's a tailender again
Tbh, I'd say most of the issues with his batting nowadays is that he does view himself as a tailender. He's said numerous times he doesn't think he's an all-rounder, or ever will be, and is merely an 8 or 9. Some of his dismissals in tests nowadays reek of someone who doesn't give much of a **** and is angry about having to be out there. In ODI's I don't really no what the issue is, other than when having to go from the word go with the field back he struggles.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
<240 - Cribbage
240-250 - grecian
251-270 - Cabinet96
271-290 - TH
291-310 - KN
311-320 - Zinzan
321 -330 - straw man
330+ - Brumby

And all of a sudden it's between Cabinet & TH :wacko:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Heh, good catch, but that pretty much emphasises how this innings has gone; people getting out just when they looked like they were making an impact.

thierry henry

International Coach
Can't quite believe how well this has gone tbh. Only problem is it works against the point I was making about the England top order going ok, but I stand by that :p