• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Mike5181

International Captain
Ian Smith. Sigh. Why do they keep rolling out the same old tired former players. It's just jobs for the boys. Either that or ridiculous positive discrimination towards those predisposed to making ******** comments on the telly.

I'd prefer Rhodesia's former leader to be commentating. Also, he looks more healthy these days than the former Kiwi keeper.
All of McMillan, Richardson, and Smith need to go imo. I can handle Doull. Cumming is a decent commentator from what I've seen. Styris is knowledgeable and can speak in full sentences as well. Get them in there.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Smith and McMillan talking about the power play has been about as painful as commentary gets.
The only thing which has annoyed me more during this telecast is that ****ing atrocious advert for New World. I want to hunt down the **** who decided that song was ideal for repetition every five minutes and pull out their finger and toe nails.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All of McMillan, Richardson, and Smith need to go imo. I can handle Doull. Cumming is a decent commentator from what I've seen. Styris is knowledgeable and can speak in full sentences as well. Get them in there.
Doull needs to go too. And Danny Morrison.

My concern with any new commentator who is a former player (e.g. Cumming, Styris or Iain O'Brien a couple of years back) is that they soon get deep in the same self-aggrandising rut which the previous generation have clearly got stuck in. They need to mix it up and have someone who isn't a former player in there. If "Smiffy" can commentate on rugby, then the best commentators from other sports can do cricket.

Get Kamo in there.... :ph34r:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Mills is so, so good! :wub:
It's odd, he's been through some periods in last couple of years where he's been pretty average. Plus is decidedly worse at T20s than ODIs. The batting had also gone completely.

Has *something* back now - even scored runs against SA in the ODIs.

thierry henry

International Coach
It's odd, he's been through some periods in last couple of years where he's been pretty average. Plus is decidedly worse at T20s than ODIs. The batting had also gone completely.

Has *something* back now - even scored runs against SA in the ODIs.
Did he ever really lose it as a new ball ODI bowler though??