Page 78 of 508 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 7611
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Off the top of my head, it strikes me that our record must be pretty good in Hamilton limited-overs matches that don't involve Richard Levi?

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    lol, how did Boult go for 40? Serious question. They couldn't even lay bat on him in his first few overs, one of the bowlers take him for 20 in that last over or something.
    Boult is like Bracewell or Mills. Can be dangerous up front with the swing he generates, but becomes cannon-fodder in the closing stages as he has few variations to fall back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

International Debutant M0rphin3's Avatar
    ^Yeah. Boult/Dougeh shouldn't be in the T20 team anyway IMO.

Good win, nevertheless. I hope Ross's not in a form slump now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrunner View Post
    give 21yo smith a break. bradmans figures for his first few tests were comparable.....

Proud Supporter of: Shakib Al Hasan, Kane Williamson, Adam Milne

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by thierry henry View Post
    I know I'm the guy that hates everything but....every single one of our commentators is just awful. Just fundamentally moronic in their analysis of the game (and these dozy ***** used to play for us!). I even like some of the Aussie and English comms, but absolutely none of ours.
    Got to agree. No redeeming features in the NZ comms box. Few in the Aussie one. Many in the English one.

Ian Smith is an utter tool but I don't find him to be a completely worthless commentator tbf. He's like a poor man's Ian Chappell.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    It makes me cringe a little when Ian Smith talks about inviting his guests down to Napier for a bbq at his place. Makes me afraid for his guests tbh.

And who can forget when someone brought hot dogs into the comms box last season. The shot of Smiteh eying up the hot dogs whilst his stomach almost blocked out everything else was fab.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

Yep I'm not hating...just, in terms of his future prospects, I don't really see what compelling attributes he has. He's neither very fast nor very tall and as far as I'm aware he's not known as a canny swing bowler or for being super accurate.
    Mitch - YouTube

You often see him swing the white ball enough to be dangerous, but yeah, yet to see an lbw in FC due to swing from him which is a worry. Paddles gave him a big tick though in the Sky UK tour preview apparently, said he's never seen a left-armer get closer in to the stumps.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Young View Post
    Got to agree. No redeeming features in the NZ comms box. Few in the Aussie one. Many in the English one.
    Although I was just a kid, I never remember disliking our commentators as much when guys like Crowe, Coney, Larson etc were there.
    Last edited by Mike5181; 12-02-2013 at 05:03 AM.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Have to say Smithy does look rounder every time I see him. Must be up there is the "greatest post-career weight gain" stakes.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Have to say Smithy does look rounder every time I see him. Must be up there is the "greatest post-career weight gain" stakes.
    Funny, he has been gradually ballooning for years now, but seeing him tonight I actually wondered if he's dropped a few pounds.

Yeah...I wonder where all the "talk around the traps" about him being quick came from though. Not even as quick as Butler is he?
    Probably because of what the batsmen facing him though; just like how all the batsman facing him make him look quick.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    The beauty of an NZ-Eng cricket series is the healthy dollop of gallows humour in the match threads. Some quality comments. Great work.

Simon Champion!
    Weird that this series is not being telecast in India. After a long time some relatively major Cricket series would not have been telecasted.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    Funny, he has been gradually ballooning for years now, but seeing him tonight I actually wondered if he's dropped a few pounds.
    Na, your tv is just buggered.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    Although I was just a kid, I never remember disliking our commentators as much when guys like Crowe, Coney, Larson etc were there.
    Yeah. Our radio comms were always better back in the day as well. Waddle - before the cynicism took hold - Sharp, even Ian Galloway when he wasn't whistling into the mic. Coney and John Parker were excellent in between overs to boot.

The current lot - tv and wireless - are woeful and getting woefuller (). But, then maybe I am old and getting older.

Thread Information