• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I may write a letter to the ICC asking them to remove the batting powerplay. It is too painful for fans to listen to commentators bleating on about how the batting team should take it early rather than waiting for over 36.
It's sad really. I thought it was a really good idea when it was introduced, since the three bowling powerplays were always taken in the first 20 overs. But it just never really took off as an effective tactic for the batting team and is just left to be used when over 36 comes around as if it were a mandatory thing. I wonder if the batting team even think about times when they can take it nowadays.

thierry henry

International Coach
Thing is, I do think his slow start played a part to Bell getting out. He'll end up with a decent score at a decent rate, but his slow start was slightly damaging in my eyes.
It's not like Bell batted like Afridi tbf. Trott's teammates should understand how he plays and not panic, surely?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sweepstake England's final score:

<240
240-250
251-270
271-290
291-310
311-320 Zinzan
311 -330
331+

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sweepstake England's final score:

<240
240-250grecian
251-270
271-290
291-310
311-320 Zinzan
311 -330
331+

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Shut yo' mouth, Bell was beaten for pace, nothing he could've done.
So quick he felt he needed to get halfway down the pitch to counter it? :ph34r:

It's not like Bell batted like Afridi tbf. Trott's teammates should understand how he plays and not panic, surely?
But he was taking a risk or two nearly every over, and going at just under 5 an over himself. If Trott had been going at the same rate, or even just slightly quicker than he did, it wouldn't have taken the scoring rate pressure off. Bell had hit 22 off his previous 14 deliveries, and England were still only going at 4 an over.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
<240
240-250 - grecian
251-270 - Cabinet96
271-290 - TH
291-310 - KN
311-320 - Zinzan
311 -330 - straw man
330+ - Brumby

Last edited: