• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
There is not much of a contest happening when Franko and Ellis are bowling. While it is game on when Nmac and the main seamers are operating.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't really know quite how I feel on grounds in New Zealand. Ones like this are beautiful and maximise the visual experience of watching, but the rugby grounds like the one in Auckland are just not pleasant at all for me.

Really wish they were playing a test in Hamilton instead of Auckland.
They should just play every single game at the Basin Reserve tbh.

thierry henry

International Coach
Yeah, I'd say that's more like it.

Doesn't look any taller than Tremlett to me, although the Surrey man looks to maybe stand up straighter in his delivery stride.
Tremlett 6'8", Finn 6'7", Broad 6'6" imo. Tremlett and Broad rare cases of players being underlisted on cricinfo (although Broad has been described as 6'7"....don't think so, he is shorter than Finn who imo is shorter than Tremlett)

Mike5181

International Captain
I don't really know quite how I feel on grounds in New Zealand. Ones like this are beautiful and maximise the visual experience of watching, but the rugby grounds like the one in Auckland are just not pleasant at all for me.

Really wish they were playing a test in Hamilton instead of Auckland.
Really wish we had a proper ground in Auckland. Eden Park is pathetic.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bah, rather gave it away in the end.

We've got McMillan on our comm now. He's very Kiwi, isn't he? Broadest accent this side of Corey Jane.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Joe Root and Quinton de Kock both look about 12 to me. Reckon his club tried to sneak him into lower age group games when he was a kid, especially as he was probably the best batter in the league.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wasn't fully joking though. I rate Trott as an ODI player, but 26 off 52 isn't really good enough, especially as he's not the sort who can catch up easily.

Yeah, but would bell's situation have been any better if the number 3 had got out early. We could have been 30-4. Having said that I agree this is slow even for him.