• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm generally a fan of Trott's but he needs to up the run-rate here, This is why we need KP top 3, and still think instead of Bell.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah Nathan McCullum is a complete hack of an international cricketer; even when he's effective he basically plays anti-cricket. They just don't anyone close to be an ODI standard spinner so he's the least offensive option in that he can bat a bit, is a good field and will usually manage to take 1/45 off 8 or something rather than completely going the journey. He does well in T20 cricket too and people manage to mix that up with being a good ODI player.

I think both he and Ellis are essentially wasted spots though; I'd be looking to get more overs out of Williamson as a spin option which removes the need for McCullum, and I'd pick a proper bowler ahead of Ellis.
Ummm...? :ph34r:

thierry henry

International Coach
ffs Ellis irks me. Why does he bowl like that? Does he have some sort of Murali-esque disfigurement preventing full extension of his bowling arm?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This is quite amusing. Am almost certain NcCullum has knocked Trott over intentionally the two times he's done it now :laugh:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm convinced I've seen more dropped catches from NZ in the last 3 games than in the previous 5 years.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is quite amusing. Am almost certain NcCullum has knocked Trott over intentionally the two times he's done it now :laugh:
Imagine Trott must be the most irritating **** to bowl to, with with all the OCD scratching his mark, touching his **** and general fidgeting.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'm generally a fan of Trott's but he needs to up the run-rate here, This is why we need KP top 3, and still think instead of Bell.
Thing is, Trott hasn't even been scoring that highly in ODI's recently though, has he? Hasn't toned up since the Australia tour has he? I'd probably sooner get rid of him than Bell.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hesson was supposed to improve our fielding but that has not been the case.

If these drops are going to continue I am going to start advocating that we drop poor fielders altogether and Watling has dropped a couple now.