• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My word. Genuinely surprised how mediocre McCullum sr's ODI record is.

Friends in high etceteras... :ph34r:

Ooops, Watling. Not so flash sans gloves, eh?

thierry henry

International Coach
tbh McClenaghan catches that if he's back a metre. Smithy a bit OTT waxing lyrical about the shot. 2 chances from Bell.

Great snare by the youngster.

thierry henry

International Coach
I thought the same seeing as it was caught at foot height just behind the boundary.
Yep and it's not simply a case of him walking in. He had time to get back and catch it if he had better awareness of where he was. A very difficult catch and I wouldn't expect it from your stereotypical "big fast bowler", but a good fielder could've made that catch look almost comfortable.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My word. Genuinely surprised how mediocre McCullum sr's ODI record is.

Friends in high etceteras... :ph34r:

Ooops, Watling. Not so flash sans gloves, eh?
Yeah Nathan McCullum is a complete hack of an international cricketer; even when he's effective he basically plays anti-cricket. They just don't anyone close to be an ODI standard spinner so he's the least offensive option in that he can bat a bit, is a good field and will usually manage to take 1/45 off 8 or something rather than completely going the journey. He does well in T20 cricket too and people manage to mix that up with being a good ODI player.

I think both he and Ellis are essentially wasted spots though; I'd be looking to get more overs out of Williamson as a spin option which removes the need for McCullum, and I'd pick a proper bowler ahead of Ellis.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Tbf to NcCullum in T20s and ODIs you can justify someone who concedes relatively few runs through the middle though doesn't take wickets, is a good fielder and contributes quick runs down the order. Passable bits and pieces and he's performed better for us in the last couple of years than before.