• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

stumpski

International Captain
Never mind 140, could have chased down 240 with batting like that. Clearly they had a good talking to after Hamilton. But a bit of a pity to have three such one-sided games.

stumpski

International Captain
Odd presentation style here isn't it, the captains don't get interviewed, they just give a little speech. :D

And no man of the match/series?

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
lol, Munro waaaaaaay out of his depth. He was about 10 seconds late on that.
I think Munro should probably take up softball. He just swings from the hip without moving his feet. The Black Sox are missing a trick there.

Not an international cricketer.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Well played England.

Best bit on comms over here was when Nick Knight said to Ian Smith "Didn't I see you running up Mt Vic yesterday?" Smith replied, "That was probably a whale in the harbour you saw."

*awkward silence*

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
1) he really should be bowling as well. he is an average bowler (using average in a good way)
2) CDG couldn't catch up to the ball. While Munro has a 50. Munro has poor technique but good self belief.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Fair enough. I'll bow to your greater knowledge. If Munro's in Black, I'll back him to the hilt. He just didn't look up to it to me. But, then, neither did Andrew Jones.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Fair enough. I'll bow to your greater knowledge. If Munro's in Black, I'll back him to the hilt. He just didn't look up to it to me. But, then, neither did Andrew Jones.
Indeed he was all psychology. He was an average FC player until he started dating a psychologist. The two of them sat down and talked about the mind set for success and somehow that set up his career and he never looked back.

His first inning in a test in Aussie the channel 9 commentators wrote him off until he bounced back with a 150.

Worst ODI player ever though.

Mike5181

International Captain
Munro's a completely different type of player to Jones tbf. He's aggressive, you'd never see him with a SR of 39 in test matches.

Howsie

International Captain
I think Munro should probably take up softball. He just swings from the hip without moving his feet. The Black Sox are missing a trick there.

Not an international cricketer.
I still can't believe he's played test cricket, it honestly boggles the mind. He's the most gumby looking hack I've seen play in a long time, zero technique and it just doesn't help that he just looks like a munter either.

As for tonights game New Zealand were just bullied. Apart from McCullum not a single New Zealand batsmen has the backfoot game to take on Finn and Broad, it's just too easy for them.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I still can't believe he's played test cricket, it honestly boggles the mind. He's the most gumby looking hack I've seen play in a long time, zero technique and it just doesn't help that he just looks like a munter either.
He looks attrocious granted.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Munro's a completely different type of player to Jones tbf. He's aggressive, you'd never see him with a SR of 39 in test matches.
The comparison was the homebaked technique and initially looking completely at sea at int'l cricket. No more than that.

I was trying to see a silver lining!

jcas0167

International Debutant
Indeed he was all psychology. He was an average FC player until he started dating a psychologist. The two of them sat down and talked about the mind set for success and somehow that set up his career and he never looked back.

His first inning in a test in Aussie the channel 9 commentators wrote him off until he bounced back with a 150.

Worst ODI player ever though.
heh, I never knew that. I wish Jones had put out an autobiography as he seemed an intriguing character. Mark Richardson's book is quite good at discussing how he sorted his mental game.

Bit harsh about Jones as an ODI player though - IIRC he was pretty consistent at getting 50's at a time when a 220 score was competitive.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Brilliant analogy of McCullum's taking over of the team there.
Ha, quite. Very keen to hold his hands up and take on the responsibility of what shouldn't be his by right when other players more able to deliver what is needed were closer at hand. With hilarious/tragic (delete according to nationality) consequences.

Anyway, 10 wicket win with 7 overs to spare: