Page 502 of 508 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 7611
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I hope I told you so in some old thread somewhere, because I've certainly been thinking it. Though much of that tbf was when Southee was bowling puss and Boult was first gunning it when he came into the side.

edit: i think in this series Boult has become McCullum's senior bowler as well.

Though tbh the strength of our bowling will be in the trio. Southee/Boult the opening pack and we're going to have to see how Bracewell, Wagner, Milne, Wheeler and Henry sort themselves out.
    Yeah you could've, certainly remember debating about it with people in the past. Although that was waaaaaaay back when India were touring and the like. Southee was getting flogged by international batsmen and Boult was being allowed to develop in domestic cricket (because of his back injury you would assume).
    Last edited by Howsie; 26-03-2013 at 04:00 AM.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    When you and I both rate the same player before he's made his Test debut then it's a good sign I reckon, given we seem to have such opposite tastes on anything marginal.

It's also a good sign for Kane Williamson.

And no other player ever.
    Can you please start rating Corey Anderson, especially his bowling?

Ah I feel like digging up a few posts referencing me and how great it would be to have a NZ series win to dig up. But I can't be bothered. Wow, England did it again. Despite Prior getting a lot of the credit, Bell did bat even longer. Unlucky NZ, unlucky Jono...

Now England need to take a good hard look at themselves, and whitewash NZ when they come over here.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Damn it! Would have been hilarious to have India ahead of England despite losing 7-1 to them in the last eight Test matches.
    Since when dies 4+2=7?

Also guys, I think it would be really cool if everyone referred to Ross Taylor as RT from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Since when dies 4+2=7?

Also guys, I think it would be really cool if everyone referred to Ross Taylor as RT from now on.
    Arty IMO.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    all his initials imo

LRPLT

I'm trying to find a youtube clip of that really ****ed up Sri Lankan advert with the Indian tourist guide to help you pronounce those initials. The what is my name LULULULULULU ad.

edit: or we could just call him lurplit
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Debutant M0rphin3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    Any evidence of him doing it in the past?

Quality And +1 for AD referenc
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrunner View Post
    give 21yo smith a break. bradmans figures for his first few tests were comparable.....

Proud Supporter of: Shakib Al Hasan, Kane Williamson, Adam Milne

Quote Originally Posted by Гурин View Post
    calm down everybody, still bairstow and prior to come. And i have a horrible feeling that broad will found form again with a match-saving knock
    outrageous prediction!

Matt Prior, wafg.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Fell asleep at Tea with Bell falling off the last ball of the session. When I woke up four hours later I had assumed we probably lost and went to bed. Just caught the final 4 overs of highlights an hour ago, without knowing the result, and **** me. Brilliant game. While Prior will get the plaudits I think Bell's innings, he batted 100 balls longer, was the key. Really held the innings together while the rest of the top order (bar perhaps Cook) failed. Broad also showed that he should get far more runs than he does.

Full credit to NZ though. They were brilliant throughout this test and the series, and deserved to win it. It's also a massive wake up call for England about the state they're in. They'll still go into the Ashes as favourites, but they'll need to raise their game if it's to be the cakewalk many would have you think it'll be.

And full credit to the NZ and English contingent on CW throughout the series as well. There seems to be a lot of talk on CW at the moment about the standard of tour threads going downhill, but this has been a thoroughly enjoyable series to post about. Hats off the everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    A casual 'accidental' kick maybe? It if was close the boundary.
    I remember Sehwag did that in the India v South Africa test at Kolkata in 2010 to try and keep Amla away from the strike and get Morkel on. The umpires were having none of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    At least you still have your house, though.
    And my avatar...

U19 Cricketer
    Fair play to Bell, he played a blinder and proved me wrong about his mental strength and ability to grind it out in these situations. His innings was even more important than Prior's; had he gone cheaply England wouldn't have made it to tea. I only watched the final session and it was the most tension that I can remember feeling since watching Lara holding off the Aussies in Bridgetown in 99. Prior's beginning to look as if he could become an all-time legend of the game; Broad showing lots of guts despite being really out of touch. Hope he kicks on from here with both bat and ball. He can do so much better than he is at the moment.

Interesting that the commentators were joking about the incident with the yorker that almost got him out lbw. For one thing he did amazingly well just to get some bat on it; and the second was that he had lost all control of his body in his fall and thus was completely at the mercy of chance when his neck fell on the bat handle. A few inches and a slightly different angle of impact and he would have sustained a potentially crippling injury.

Anyway,very proud of England today and much respect to NZ also; particularly to McCullum, who proved that the coach was right and that he is indeed a better skipper than Ross - although the way the latter was engineeered out of the position was still wrong -, and Boult, who's become one heck of a bowler. Looking forward to the matches in England; with their current seam attack and Bracewell potentially returning they have a very good chance of causing an upset.
    "In 2009 he lost his old, faded India cap, when it was stolen from a ground. He was very, very upset about it. It was dear to him and he was extremely proud to wear it."

Vijeeta Dravid on her husband Rahul, March 2012

International Debutant harsh.ag's Avatar
    Yeah, McCullum had a great series as skipper, especially the manner in which he used the bowlers, though at times I felt that Boult was being underbowled. England really got lucky on this one. Man, if only Boult could have bowled a reverse swinging yorker to Monty !
    If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind, you couldn't just stand back and watch children cry.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    My brain has just realised it only got 4 hours sleep from 6-10am.

Any suggestions?
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar

Any suggestions?
    Early night tonight, I am going for one. Sod the football.

or alternatively, watch the football and send yourself to sleep.

Any suggestions?
    Man up.

Thread Information