• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rutherford playing for turn first up.

By the third ball he's realised Sammy doesn't hold with such fripperies.

Sammy looks to have been enjoying the NZ hospitality too; even tubby than is normal.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
NZ should just swing from the hip from here - unlikely to get bowled out and mi****s will go for 6 as often as not

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good innings Rutherford. Not the worst time to lose a wicket with McCullum and Taylor in the shed.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great over from Wright. NZ really need to keep the pedal down here. They're going to need every bit of 210 imo, England's batsmen will be confident after Auckland.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Not sure why you'd keep Patel on with Wright seemingly bowling well for the 5th spot.

Launched for six as I type, hmm

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Filthy first ball from Wright. Mid 120s long hop outside off. I still don't think he is a bowler despite his natural variation of not knowing where the ball is going making him useful in T20
He doesn't even bowl in domestic T20 cricket anymore (I wish he did, don't get me wrong) so I don't know why England keep picking him as a bowling option; he has no real incentive to work on it most of the year given his primary occupation is that of a county cricketer at the moment. Hasn't been too bad today after that first ball tbf but he needs to either start bowling more for Sussex or start bowling less for England. Justifies his spot with the bat alone in this side these days anyway.