Page 499 of 508 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 7611
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Guptill, Vettori, Ryder, Bracewell, McClenaghan ...that's not a bad bench. Dean Brownlie's probably the most vulnerable starter.
    Good apart from we won't take 16 for just 2 tests. Leave Ryder behind - prob not available anyway. Gtfo about dropping Brownlie. Guptill may be challenged for reserve batsman by Latham or Ronchi, who can both also double as reserve keeper. Room for both Guptill and Latham/Ronchi if Vettori's unfit of course.
    Last edited by straw man; 26-03-2013 at 12:19 AM.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Guptill, Vettori, Ryder, Bracewell, McClenaghan ...that's not a bad bench. Dean Brownlie's probably the most vulnerable starter.
    Oof Brownlie, he'll be feeling sick tonight. If he'd clung on to that chance from Bell, I reckon we would've wrapped the match up in the hour after lunch (with the tail being exposed to the new ball).
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Tom Latham remains the only currently playing captain in New Zealand to win a FC match against England.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Good apart from we won't take 16 for just 2 tests. Leave Ryder behind - prob not available anyway. Gtfo about dropping Brownlie. Guptill may be challenged for reserve batsman by Latham or Ronchi, who can both also double as reserve keeper. Room for both Guptill and Latham/Ronchi if Vettori's unfit of course.
    Barring Injury and assuming it's a 15 man squad...

Fulton
    Rutherford
    Williamson
    Taylor
    Brownlie
    McCullum
    Watling
    Southee
    Martin
    Wagner
    Boult

Bracewell
    Butler
    Latham
    Guptill/Ronchi/Flynn

Lock it in. There is really only one spot up for grabs and it's a batting spot. I'd have Milne ahead of Butler personally but that's a really harsh call and Butler deserves his inclusion. Also, putting my realist hat on, if Butler misses out it will be to McClenaghan.

Hopefully New Zealand gets the A program going over the winter and fields as close to a second eleven as circumstances allow.
    Last edited by Flem274*; 26-03-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Are any Black Caps likely to miss the 1st test because of the IPL? I know they have a certain amount of IPL ftime in their contracts. Is it likely to clash? Would be a real shame.

Only McCullum and Taylor spring to mind and I can't see them missing a test.

Would be a droppable offense imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Bracewell
    Butler
    Latham
    Guptill/Ronchi/Flynn

Lock it in. There is really only one spot up for grabs and it's a batting spot. I'd have Milne ahead of Butler personally but that's a really harsh call and Butler deserves his inclusion. Also if Butler misses out it will be to McClenaghan.
    I wanted to let my mourning period end before thinking about the next series but you've drawn me in with this rubbish

The only player 'locked in' of those reserves is Bracewell. I cannot see how either Butler or Latham is guaranteed or even likely to be selected - they've been the reserves for this series but only because Guptill, Ronchi, Vettori and McClenaghan were all injured .

Sad thought but we might have won that game with Vettori playing. Bit of rough outside off, and a session to bowl at three left-handed tailenders, I'd have backed him. Even if it was the fourth innings...

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Vettori wouldn't have done ****.
    Exit pursuing a beer

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Will McCullum be fit the IPL?

He was really struggling today and if it is a hamstring then he either misses IPL to be fit for tour or plays IPL and risks missing tour. Good test of his priorities I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Flametree View Post
    Sad thought but we might have won that game with Vettori playing. Bit of rough outside off, and a session to bowl at three left-handed tailenders, I'd have backed him. Even if it was the fourth innings...
    Not a chance. He isn't a weapon anymore.

In thinking about it, I'm not particularly keen on Vettori for the return series unless he's fifth bowler and we also have a bowler that can bat. Wouldn't select Vettori as a batsman in place of Brownlie at present.

Might just be best if Vettori plays Champions Trophy and then tries to make a return for ND next FC season before possibly playing another test.

Quote Originally Posted by Flametree View Post
    Any evidence of him doing it in the past?

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Grasshopper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Oof Brownlie, he'll be feeling sick tonight. If he'd clung on to that chance from Bell, I reckon we would've wrapped the match up in the hour after lunch (with the tail being exposed to the new ball).
    Fully.

Wow, what a ****ing unbelievable day of cricket!! Just caught up with the drama as I was at work and missed all the action.

Got to be said that NZ were the better team over the 3 tests and can certainly take a hell of a lot out of this series. They've got the nucleus of a very good team here and I can't see them hanging around the bottom of the rankings for very long with this side.

Matt Prior is my new God, actually he was before this but even more so now!! Copped a bit of flack on another forum last week when I claimed that Prior was as valuable to this side as Cook and Jimmy..........now I feel vindicated in that call.

Kudos too to Bell, hopefully this sets him back on track as Cape Town 2010 did, and also special mention to Broad......I believe he nearly made a record for most balls faced without a run.

A very relieved POM sat here right now!!!

Thread Information