• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
England should probably win again in Hamilton. It generally treats the side who bowls the heavier ball very well, and they've got better bats than Richard Levi to give us a touch up.

Wouldn't surprise me if our LO record against an increasingly butch England takes a sharp turn for the worse tbh. You look at Jamie Overton transform his body shape and add about 15kph between April and August last year, nice Southland boys like Jacob Duffy just shake their heads.
JO - YouTube

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
England should probably win again in Hamilton. It generally treats the side who bowls the heavier ball very well, and they've got better bats than Richard Levi to give us a touch up.

Wouldn't surprise me if our LO record against an increasingly butch England takes a sharp turn for the worse tbh. You look at Jamie Overton transform his body shape and add about 15kph between April and August last year, nice Southland boys like Jacob Duffy just shake their heads.
JO - YouTube
There are 2 Overtons, twins? Might explain it

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
JO - YouTube
Jesus Christ. Guy must have been on roids.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As with McCullum in the first game, I think Broad has made a mistake bowling first on this track.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
In the cricinfo preview:

Spectators assuredly do not want stodgy pitches and massive outfields, big hitting is demanded above all, but it has to be a challenge, otherwise you might as well just double up the boundary with the 30-yard fielding circle. Wright, helped by a great batting surface, virtually blocked one of his sixes over the rope.

Eden Park, if you take proper note of its tiny straight boundaries, is a rugby ground doing its best to fake its suitability for cricket. Seddon Park in Hamilton, where the three-match series now moves, at least feels like a cricket ground, but the boundary hits are not much bigger. With campaigners also fighting to prevent a flyover affecting the atmosphere at Basin Reserve, nobody could suggest that New Zealand's compilation of cricket grounds are in perfect shape.

Last year, the South African opener, Richard Levi, struck 13 sixes in a 51-ball 117 not out. Aerial combat is likely to be resumed tonight. In Auckland, the crowd lapped it up. This is very much the way in New Zealand cricket, but there is a balance and, without being po-faced over the sight of people having a fun night out at T20, it is about time the ICC debated it.
Amen

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Elliott and Butler in for Ellis and Hira sounds good. Elliott and Butler's bowling could easily go for 10 per over just like Hira and Ellis' however they should add to the batting.

Zinzan

The toss is meaningless!

It's down to execution of skillz!!!!!!!
Haha, execution eh? :p I still think Broad has done NZ a big favour here.

Just an aside, - Lol @ Doull saying he thought NcCullum would have been dropped as opposed to Hira. Doesn't he know about the Otago family tree?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The "boundary off the last ball" killing the bowlers' figures.

&, speaking of rubbish figures: bit of Adele on over the PA.

Zinzan

Some luck from NZ so far, but fair play to them. England had their share batting in game 1.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Filthy first ball from Wright. Mid 120s long hop outside off. I still don't think he is a bowler despite his natural variation of not knowing where the ball is going making him useful in T20