Cricket Player Manager
Page 446 of 508 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456496 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 7611
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 99* View Post
    Ali Mau and Sam Hayes the perfect newscaster duo imo.
    I saw Hayes at an All Black test a while back actually. Even hotter in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    I saw Hayes at an All Black test a while back actually. Even hotter in real life.
    Was in a photo with her at an awards ceremony she MC'd a couple of years ago. Seemed really nice, and of course stunningly good looking.

Can't believe NZ are on the verge of a series win against England. Who would have predicted that? Let alone that Fulton would become the 4th NZ'er to get tons in both innings of a test.

I did a media course with Hayes when she was just 16. She went to Nightline on work experience, to jus do behind the scenes stuff, and on her first day, the music reporter called in sick, and Sam ended up interviewing Iron Maiden.

She was destined for great things early on, even if she was hiding her beauty with her skater look back then.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Just saw the highlights, brilliant stuff. Loved the huge smile on Paul Reiffel's face as he gave Finn out.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Quote Originally Posted by jcas0167 View Post

Can't believe NZ are on the verge of a series win against England.
    Yes, yes we are.

And it's not even a lucky win - would probably have been 2-1 if not for the rain.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Nice article from Richardson on Fulton.

Something dawned on me when I was busy picking apart Peter Fulton's technique midway through Friday's play. All of sudden I thought, "hang on, he's on 85."

It really is a case of how many, not how. That is a statement that runs true in so many sports.

For a golfer, it's about the score when the ball drops into the cup on hole 18. For a tennis player, it's about who wins set, and ultimately match, point. For a rugby team, it's about who has the most points at the end of 80 minutes.

For Peter Fulton, it has been all about the score to his name when he, under the rules of the game, must leave the playing field. Those numbers have been excellent.

There's no doubt Fulton looks a bit ungainly at test level. He is very much a grafter who grinds out his runs - but what's wrong with that? First of all, he's getting those runs and there are enough stroke players further down the order to accelerate the scoring.

Fulton gets his feet crossed up, plays around his front pad and defends a little wide for me to feel comfortable as I watch him play but I feel chuffed he's taken this final opportunity.

He's taken it because age and experience have surely given him mental strength.

Few players in any sport are technically perfect and many who are fail to make any real impact at the top level - because pressure not only erodes technique but great technique can be undone by poor decision-making under duress.

Cricket is not a style contest. There are no extra runs for the degree of difficulty of a shot or for artistic merit. It is a contest between bat and ball; the bowler is trying to get you out and you have to resist, stay in and score runs.

Steve Waugh understood that, so did Andrew Jones and, finally, after 10 years of under-performance at provincial level, it dawned on me too.

Sheer bloody determination is possibly the most underrated asset in sport. It is the skill that makes the gifted great and the less than gifted successful. I saw a ton of that determination in Fulton's 136 and if there is anything that is going to continue the improvement of this New Zealand cricket team, it will surely be more determination than they had shown at the national level before this summer.

No doubt Fulton has booked his seat on the plane to England and, accepting the fact he is no youngster, if he grinds out more runs with the consistency he's shown in this series for just a couple more seasons, he will have done a fine job for his country.

What would Billy Beane of the Oakland As in the movie Moneyball say of Peter Fulton? He'd say: "He gets on base."
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Nice article from Richardson on Fulton.
    And it's from a man who there were reasons to dislike (slow scoring and inability to convert 50's to 100's), yet he ended up with an excellent average.

I miss his blocking.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Anyone else impressed by Trent Boult's pace? He's consistently been in the 138-142 range in this test match.

Apo
    Banned
    Tomorrow will be the happiest day of my life

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    Anyone else impressed by Trent Boult's pace? He's consistently been in the 138-142 range in this test match.
    Was expected tbh. He was that pace in Sri Lanka and looking at Steyn and Morkel's top speeds in South Africa (especially in the Steyn Fast Second Spell) I think those radars were down 5kph so he may have been in that range there as well.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    No complaints, been thoroughly outplayed in this match and if by some miracle we escape with a draw (only the weather can save us now) then it will be undeserved. Good to see NZ looking a team again, always worried their attack could do damage, wasn't expecting Fulton to become a good player at the age he is but boy did he play well in this match. Need to regroup quickly for the summer ahead but I think we can.

Ooooh, four down. I might swap shift tomorrow so that I can watch the game tonight, even if the last time I did something on that line it wasn't a really nice night. (I remember looking at Vettori's average in the 4th innings before and thinking about it, but still went. He then duly proceeded to send down darts to Misbah and co. for the whole day. It was a nightmare)

You know what is really annnoying? That even if NZ wins, in a month time the trophy will be again up for grabs in England; and I don't need to remember all you of what happened to the Windies in 2009. Why the hell do they have to play home and away series to the same team on the trot? Most of kiwis won't have the time to brag about it with the poms (well, there's still rugby, but...) that most probably the trophy will be back in their hands for the next 4-5 years. What the????
    It's the pitch, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezroy View Post
    He would need to Astle - that ain't gonna happen.
    Astle knock wouldn't save Eng.. would take a Faf knock tbh

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Well played NZ deserve to take the series they've bowled so much better than us.

Wonder if any England player/commentator will employ the N. Srivisnan defence.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Thread Information