• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
In thinking about it, I'm not particularly keen on Vettori for the return series unless he's fifth bowler and we also have a bowler that can bat. Wouldn't select Vettori as a batsman in place of Brownlie at present.

Might just be best if Vettori plays Champions Trophy and then tries to make a return for ND next FC season before possibly playing another test.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Sad thought but we might have won that game with Vettori playing. Bit of rough outside off, and a session to bowl at three left-handed tailenders, I'd have backed him. Even if it was the fourth innings...
Any evidence of him doing it in the past?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, what a ****ing unbelievable day of cricket!! Just caught up with the drama as I was at work and missed all the action.

Got to be said that NZ were the better team over the 3 tests and can certainly take a hell of a lot out of this series. They've got the nucleus of a very good team here and I can't see them hanging around the bottom of the rankings for very long with this side.

Matt Prior is my new God, actually he was before this but even more so now!! Copped a bit of flack on another forum last week when I claimed that Prior was as valuable to this side as Cook and Jimmy..........now I feel vindicated in that call.

Kudos too to Bell, hopefully this sets him back on track as Cape Town 2010 did, and also special mention to Broad......I believe he nearly made a record for most balls faced without a run.:laugh:

A very relieved POM sat here right now!!!

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Will McCullum be fit the IPL?

He was really struggling today and if it is a hamstring then he either misses IPL to be fit for tour or plays IPL and risks missing tour. Good test of his priorities I suppose.
If he has pulled a hammy its going to be 2 weeks min but he'd risk aggravating further at the IPL.

kingkallis

International Coach
Yet another brilliant save! Great knock by Prior and Bell!

I feel slightly sad for the Kiwis as this series win would have helped them a lot.

99*

International Debutant
That was an amazing days cricket. A great test match overall. So glad I went to 4 days of it.

Those last 4 overs. I'll remember that for years.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Any evidence of him doing it in the past?

Has a pretty good record against tail-enders and Bangladeshis doesn't he? That's the point I was trying to make, that bowling to players of the standard of Broad, Anderson and Panesar, he might have been useful.

Obviously some here don't agree.:(

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Vettori deserves a last chance to prove himself, its been a long time since he was on the international stage who knows what could have changed

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Have to say Matty really had his fair share of spawn in the knock, tbh.

Was an absloute peach of a bumper that ended up hitting (& pretty fulsomely) his stumps without dislodging the bails. Play that if you can!

Interesting call for our selectors if KP isn't fit for the first test up here. Bairstow's position must be in question.

Where do we go? Stick? Back to Morgan? Buttler, even?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Depends on early season form. Feel for Bairstow, no cricket in ages and then shoved in a test match and expected to shine. Reminds me of Anderson all those years ago.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Have to say Matty really had his fair share of spawn in the knock, tbh.

Was an absloute peach of a bumper that ended up hitting (& pretty fulsomely) his stumps without dislodging the bails. Play that if you can!

Interesting call for our selectors if KP isn't fit for the first test up here. Bairstow's position must be in question.

Where do we go? Stick? Back to Morgan? Buttler, even?
Haha if Buttler gets picked I will give you $200.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
I think Craig Spearman should be recalled based on the same logic.
Gah i said that really badly. What i meant was that as one of the stalwarts of NZ cricket, even if his best is behind him, he should get one last chance to prove himself capable, just like Cartin did in SA. Of course Bartin shouldn't be shunted out just to make room for him, but imo he should get another go sooner rather than later.