Page 370 of 508 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 7611
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Duggeh bowl. duggeh bowl gud. he bole faast*

Despite that vid being approx 12x14 pixels I'm fairly sure I can make out Bracewell's enormous grin after nutting Worker. Don't think Worker saw the funny side.

* didn't actually look like Bracewell was bowling very quick tbh

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Nah, looks good to go, tbh. Sorry, Wagner.

Really hope the selectors realise how Wagner got his wickets and not just look at the tally.
    Last edited by Days of Grace; 20-03-2013 at 07:31 PM.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

Cricinfo has this to say in their preview:

For New Zealand, a third Test in quick succession will tempt them to shuffle their pace attack with the possibility that Doug Bracewell may get an outing instead of Trent Boult.
    I worried briefly the writer might have some inside information, but then the same article also has the following to say, which suggests there's not much real insight going on here.

Eden Park has staged 47 matches since 1930 and many suspect this may be its last. ... Now there's a debate to pass the time while watching Test cricket in the mind-numbing surroundings of a rugby ground - isn't it about time New Zealand's capital city provided a venue fit for Test cricket?

Bartin's definitely in. Dire comments from McCullum on Southee's batting.

Martin a definite starter: McCullum - Yahoo! New Zealand Sport

Spinner Bruce Martin has done enough to earn a spot in New Zealand's line-up for the deciding Test against England at Eden Park on Friday, but they have yet to decide who the third seamer will be.

The return to the squad of medium-pacer Doug Bracewell had raised some questions about whether Martin would keep his place after solid performances in the first two Tests.

But captain Brendon McCullum says Martin will definitely play and the main selection dilemma is whether Bracewell will replace one of the three seamers who played in Dunedin and Wellington.

"Eden Park can spin a little bit later on. We've seen various times here when drop-in wickets have actually spun a bit," McCullum said.

"He also provides us with a bit of punch with the bat down the order too and I think he's progressing beautifully as this series is going on."

McCullum said there was a chance Martin may be pushed up the batting order ahead of Tim Southee but it was more likely the batting order would remain the same, despite criticism of Southee's cavalier batting style.

"Tim's brief is that he's a ball striker and we know there's going to be times when he gets out that it's not going to look great. But there's also going to be times where as we saw in Dunedin where he's able to put on a quick partnership which is able to give us some impetus."

McCullum said Bracewell reportedly bowled well when taking one for 50 in 10 overs in a Ford Trophy game on Wednesday, his first since injuring his foot at a party, but that it would be hard to drop either Southee, Trent Boult or Neil Wagner.

He said the team were likely to bowl first again if they won the toss but he wouldn't commit to it 100 per cent.

Ugh, yeah, really bad.

Bartin playing is fair enough IMO.

Heh, McCullum defending the batting of a 'ball-striker' who sometimes hits the ball without thinking about the consequences and gets out. Never would have seen that coming .

I do generally agree that Southee's best bet when batting is to attack as that's his strength, and he's made it fairly clear he's not going to try to be a 'proper' batsman anyway (like Bracewell might one day be)... but ideally slogger Southee would bat at 10.

Wouldn't be too upset if Boult missed out, tbh.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    Nah, looks good to go, tbh. Sorry, Wagner.

Really hope the selectors realise how Wagner got his wickets and not just look at the tally.
    Replacing Wagner with Bracewell would be one of the more nonsensical things we could do to be honest. You don't drop your most effective seamer in the series, especially for a guy averaging 50 with the ball in the last 12 months.

Yes, now that I have thought more about it, Wagner might be a better bet than Boult. Then we would have a swing bowler, a seam bowler, and a bowler who will run in HARD with a BIG HEART all day.

I've got no beef with how Southee bats if he's going to bat 9; he's actually one of the best 9s in world cricket.

However, if he's to bat 8 then his first objective is to build a partnership with whatever batsman is still left and ensure that batsman doesn't get stranded. This is why Dougeh bats 8 despite the fact that Southee regularly scores more runs than him and why Bruce Martin should be at 8 in this lineup.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Leaving Boult out for Wagner and Bracewell would be ridiculous. If you don't want to drop Wagner then you don't play Bracewell; it's that simple IMO.

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    **** off

If either Boult or Southee are dropped I'll just give up, why don't we just drop Taylor while we're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Cricinfo has this to say in their preview:

I worried briefly the writer might have some inside information, but then the same article also has the following to say, which suggests there's not much real insight going on here.
    Bahahaha

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Yeah, as far as the seam bowlers go it should really be:

1. Southee
    2. Boult
    3. Wagner
    4. Bracewell

And if number three has done enough to keep four out, you don't replace 1/2.

Thread Information