Page 361 of 508 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 7611
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    ****, this 2002 Eden Park test match... How did Adams never play another test. It still beggars belief over a decade later.
    Always wondered that myself as well, very strange indeed. He's been playing over in England for one of the county sides hasn't he, and didn't he take the most wickets in a county season a couple of years back? Would have been a very handy first change bowler, lower order batsman for us for many years.

Never quite realised until watching those highlights how slow Chris Drum was as well. Was showing speed gun around 120-125kph.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    He really didn't get on with Bracewell at all. Would never have played while he was in charge, and I imagine the salary he earns from Notts is as good as anything the NZC could've offered.
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    The re-start has been scheduled for 3.50pm,

Bit optimistic?

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    He really didn't get on with Bracewell at all. Would never have played while he was in charge, and I imagine the salary he earns from Notts is as good as anything the NZC could've offered.
    It's lucky we've moved past the polarising and divisive Bracewell years into a period of sensible NZC adminstration, coaching and governance

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Just back from the ground. They were playing every conceivable song imaginable that had the word rain in it. It wasn't the rain that drove us away in the end but the music. Most of the numbers were of the Cliff Richard ilk.

From the first session - I really enjoyed watching Monty bowl. He has developed a lot from the first time I saw him some years ago (on TV). Usually a flighted one followed by a quicker once. Had Taylor's measure at times.

Williamson had shelved all his shots (relatively speaking was still belting the part timers around) and was just batting time.
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    What is it with New Zealand DJs' penchant for playing classic rock, easy listening at cricket grounds, even in T20s and ODIs? New Zealand society is still dictated to by white, middle-aged farmers.

And LOL at the weather. Just don't announce that play will start, ffs. Get the umpires and players to sprint out of the pavilion and onto the ground before the weather knows what's going on. Series 0-0 now in all likelihood, and 1-1 in terms of rain assisted escapes and poor batting displays.

Looking at the third test match, England clearly have the momentum now and New Zealand will need a good 1st day at Eden Park to stay with them. I fear New Zealand have another lollapse of 150 proportions left in this series.
    Last edited by Days of Grace; 16-03-2013 at 09:27 PM.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Just back from the ground. They were playing every conceivable song imaginable that had the word rain in it. It wasn't the rain that drove us away in the end but the music. Most of the numbers were of the Cliff Richard ilk.

From the first session - I really enjoyed watching Monty bowl. He has developed a lot from the first time I saw him some years ago (on TV). Usually a flighted one followed by a quicker once. Had Taylor's measure at times.

Williamson had shelved all his shots (relatively speaking was still belting the part timers around) and was just batting time.
    Yeah, sadly with Williamson, even when he's playing well within himself it's always only a matter of time before he loses concentration.

Hah more rain sweeping through just as things brighten up. Frustrating day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Yeah, sadly with Williamson, even when he's playing well within himself it's always only a matter of time before he loses concentration.
    Enough with the negativity just this once. The lad played very well this morning and deserves some credit.

Judging by the forecast, doesn't look like us getting much cricket in the rest of this match.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    Enough with the negativity just this once.
    DOG vs Bahnz in the ultimate gloom off aws
    Exit pursuing a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    Enough with the negativity just this once. The lad played very well this morning and deserves some credit.
    Yes because a couple of hours of good battling completely cancels out a year of profligacy outside the off stump.

If he tons up and follows it with a good effort in the next test then I'll maybe revise my opinion of him.

It doesn't cancel it out, ffs. Just saying that it won't kill you to admit someone played well when they actually did.

FFS, they just announced that play will start again at 5.10pm. Which means that it will now rain again.

Yeah the backfoot punch to good length balls outside off stump needs to be restricted to being played only against medium pace on flat decks.

There's just not enough time to correct for any slight deviation off the pitch against any decently quick bowler at that length. It doesn't matter how many runs it gets him.

Look at that blue sky.

Lol, Wellington.

Thread Information