• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
He bowled the best spell from a NZer in the SA Test series. Just fyi.
Heh, he bowled ok and swung the ball but 'best spell' might be just a weeeee bit of exaggeration.

Despite looking terrible with the bat in those SA tests, if he just goes out and whacks it he could score the odd 50 for us like he now is in limited overs.

I wouldn't be annoyed if he was picked for the England tests. In general I'm going to find it hard to criticise whoever the selectors pick for those spare 2-3 test spots because all our options are just as unlikely to succeed as each other. The cupboard is not looking well stocked.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Heh, he bowled ok and swung the ball but 'best spell' might be just a weeeee bit of exaggeration.

Despite looking terrible with the bat in those SA tests, if he just goes out and whacks it he could score the odd 50 for us like he now is in limited overs.

I wouldn't be annoyed if he was picked for the England tests. In general I'm going to find it hard to criticise whoever the selectors pick for those spare 2-3 test spots because all our options are just as unlikely to succeed as each other. The cupboard is not looking well stocked.
Because of the announcements made by Hesson regarding McCullum and Guptill, there's only really one spot available (opening partner for Guppy), so I really can't see Munro having a chance of being selected.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Because of the announcements made by Hesson regarding McCullum and Guptill, there's only really one spot available (opening partner for Guppy), so I really can't see Munro having a chance of being selected.
Sorry my Hesson-filter can't be dislodged - I hear nothing.