• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Flem274*

123/5
When/if it is Southee's turn to bat, do you let him go out for the Southee slog? If I were England and presented with a New Zealand bowler atm I'd be trying to kill them.

Mike5181

International Captain
When/if it is Southee's turn to bat, do you let him go out for the Southee slog? If I were England and presented with a New Zealand bowler atm I'd be trying to kill them.
If we need the runs, I would. Southee wears all the protective gear anyway.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So what have the three wickets been down to? Genius bowling, ****e batting, the pitch or a combination?
All three wickets from combination of testing bowling, a little swing and help from the pitch which as much as anything just puts doubt in the batsman's mind, and small errors from batsmen.

i.e. good test cricket

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Finn really let the pressure off. The only times he managed to make the batsmen play was when he served up some juicy half volleys.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
While there's now an outside chance of losing this match, the more irritating aspect of those wickets was how it's completely stalled New Zealand's momentum. Ideally would've liked to have finished with 70 runs on the board. Even if we don't collapse tomorrow, New Zealand will struggle to make enough runs to declare any sooner than tea tomorrow. And that's not that long to bowl such a good batting side out, even with the pitch starting to deteriorate a bit.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dont really understand why NZ didnt enforce the follow on

By not doing so, they have let Eng into the match whereas they would be absolutely ****ed if they had lost a few wickets tonight