• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

BeeGee

International Captain
I'll admit Taylor wasn't a poor captain and I was on his side in the captaincy drama but Baz so far has justified his captaincy in all forms of the game as well as proving that his decision to start batting down the order was a pretty good call.
His captaincy in this series has been excellent.

My only criticism would be, please stop announcing what you're going to do at the toss in a press conference days before the game.

Mike5181

International Captain
Doull doesn't realise NZ cricket fans that live in Auckland absolutely hate Eden Park. The prices are ridiculous as well.

99*

International Debutant
Doull doesn't realise NZ cricket fans that live in Auckland absolutely hate Eden Park. The prices are ridiculous as well.
$11 travel to get there and back, with the new train system made to rip people off at every opportunity.
$35 to get in for the day in the uncovered seats.
$16 for a **** burger, cup of chips and small drink.

NFI how much the beers are but it's Tui so it's not worth any price.

And you have the security looking for any reason to kick people out.

Western Springs would be a great alternative.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
When was the last time two different New Zealand openers scored hundreds in the same series? I remember McIntosh/McCullum in India and Richardson/Fleming in England. Any others?

Completely agree with Doull. Eden Park can gagf wrt test cricket. If you want a test in Auckland, move it somewhere else.
I think Doull's point was actually that Auckland can gagfc. 1.4 million people and they've got no more people in than during the first two tests.

Meridio

International Regular
Haha, continuing the theme of the English media completely glossing over the fact that their bowlers were poor, here's the latest excuse on the BBC as to why the ball didn't swing for them:
Over on Test Match Special, Michael Vaughan suggests England's bowlers are not swinging the ball as much since Belly took over ball-shining duties from Captain Cook.
I'm completely amazed at how they just have not realised that Finn and Broad aren't really swing bowlers to start with, and that all of them (including Anderson) bowled too short.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Botham just said the most right thing in his life.

Test cricket in New Plymouth ftw.
And then Richardson agreed that Pukekura park with its boundaries only slightly larger than the 30 yard circle would be an excellent place for test cricket. Hrmm.

My first preference for Auckland tests would be Victoria Park - walkable from Britomart and the city; looking at other good city venues around the world, access via public transport is essential. Second preference would be Western Springs, I guess. God I used to hate trying to get to Eden Park.

Flem274*

123/5
Where is James Taylor these days btw? I was under the impression he was the most highly rated of England's young brigade.

Mike5181

International Captain
$11 travel to get there and back, with the new train system made to rip people off at every opportunity.
$35 to get in for the day in the uncovered seats.
$16 for a **** burger, cup of chips and small drink.

NFI how much the beers are but it's Tui so it's not worth any price.

And you have the security looking for any reason to kick people out.

Western Springs would be a great alternative.
It'd be interesting to compare the prices to other grounds in NZ.

L Trumper

State Regular
I'm completely amazed at how they just have not realised that Finn and Broad aren't really swing bowlers to start with, and that all of them (including Anderson) bowled too short.
Even surprising thing is it is happening for the last 12 months. Yet they are still deluding themselves as if it is 2010-2011. English media is ****ing terrible during this tour.