• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Lol equals his career best bowling. 6 for 125.

It's been a poor days cricket. Good discipline from England bowlers, that's the only praise I have so far.

Flem274*

123/5
Finn's wickets are dripping with jam. He always gets accused of being lucky though and it keeps working. Never drop him because come the end of the Ashes we'll have hundreds of posts detailing how lucky England were to win because of Finn.

Will actually be a quality red ball bowler when he sorts his various quirks out too.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England's catching was nothing short of spectacular, must be said, particularly a couple from Prior. He really is a class act.

Mike5181

International Captain
So yeah, how's that declaration for 500 looking?
Meh, you're right for once in your life. I didn't care whether it was a declaration or not. We definitely should have got more than the 30-40 runs we got from those four wickets after tea.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Finn's wickets are dripping with jam. He always gets accused of being lucky though and it keeps working. Never drop him because come the end of the Ashes we'll have hundreds of posts detailing how lucky England were to win because of Finn.

Will actually be a quality red ball bowler when he sorts his various quirks out too.
Yeah I still have hopes for Finn, thought he would bowl better this series I have to admit but willing to stick with him. Would still much rather Tremlett for the ashes but not going to get my hopes up there.

Butcher in the sky studio making a nice contrast to the Botham 'England will blast past this total in no time line.' Got to be steady tonight, which with our top 3 is what you are always going to expect anyway.

BeeGee

International Captain
Good comeback from England.

Pretty happy with that score. Would have liked 20 more, but this is going to be a tricky period till stumps for England.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Must admit we can't complain about Finn. We've had our fair share of jammy wickets go Wagner's way in this series.
Except that every time England pitched the ball up they ere getting deviations off the pitch and beating the batsmen or taking wickets.

They could have taken ten Williamson/Martin type wickets but it was almost as if they'd rather get the Brownlie/Watling/Fulton crap.

Brownlin and Fulton especially. I mean, it's pretty ****ing obvious where to bowl to them.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
This might work out just right actually, 20 overs of swing today and hopefully a bit of help in the pitch for the oldish ball tomorrow morning

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
i wonder if Boult has gone ahead of Southee in the pecking order, or if they are using their preferred ends?
I've wondered that recently too. Boult seems to be the go-to man for McCullum at the moment.

Disappointed in 443 from where we were. Doesn't have the imposing look of 500+ and still gives England a small chance of winning the match and therefore something to play for.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Haha gold. Strangled down the leg side for the third time today.

Boult barely gets wickets with good balls, yet snares one with a crap delivery. Ah well.