• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Even though the Kiwis wont be happy with today, they still haven't allowed us to run through them.......when McCullum went I was hopeful of wrapping them up for not much over 400.

Contributions from all the middle order are gonna still see them post a score they "shouldn't" lose from.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Was complaining about the Kookaburra balls before - not sure if that's what Beegee is referring to.

Combination of barely pressed modern bats and Southee's use of the edge makes for a broken bat.

Still a very very handy 30 from Southee here so far.

BeeGee

International Captain
Was complaining about the Kookaburra balls before - not sure if that's what Beegee is referring to.
Yeah, that and everything else that's ever come out of his mouth.

This is the perfect situation for Southee, putting the icing on the cake.

Mike5181

International Captain
34 overs remaining in the day. Thoughts on when/if we should declare? I think we try to get 500 within the next 14-15 overs, and then declare. That's around a run a ball, not unrealistic if Southee gets going. We'd then have 20 overs to bowl at 100% intensity, and hopefully we grab a couple of early wickets.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Think that's asking a bit much Mike5181, especially with the batting to come. I'm predicting somewhere around 450-465 all out with around 15 overs at England tonight.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
34 overs remaining in the day. Thoughts on when/if we should declare? I think we try to get 500 within the next 14-15 overs, and then declare. That's around a run a ball, not unrealistic if Southee gets going. We'd then have 20 overs to bowl at 100% intensity, and hopefully we grab a couple of early wickets.
Ahahaha. Will be just happy to get past 450, with Southee spooning one shot per over up in the air.

Flem274*

123/5
Swing until we're out. We need to be bowling tonight for at least an hour. If we have an hour left and we're still batting, declare then.