• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Mike5181

International Captain
Never understood why they **** around before coming out after a rain break. They stand there for half an hour while there's blue sky.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Rhinestone Cowboy, ffs.

Listening to Aggers and Coney telling stories during a rainbreak is an absolute pleasure, btw.

LOL, Aggers just requested Supertramp.

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
For those of you who are podcasters, the TMS interview of Ewen Chatfield by Aggers is gold, very entertaining.

jcas0167

International Debutant
He really didn't get on with Bracewell at all. Would never have played while he was in charge, and I imagine the salary he earns from Notts is as good as anything the NZC could've offered.
By the time Bracewell became coach in 2003, Oram and Cairns were established as the test allrounders. Although it is incredible Adams didn't play more given his success on debut. Just looking at the Windies tour in 2002 which followed that England series and he didn't even make the squad.

Howsie

International Captain
**** mate, all I'm saying is he should not be batting at 8 when you've got Bruce Martin below him and in the situation in the first innings he could arguably have been below Wagner too. If you think that was a sensible shot from him then you need an optometrist to look at your one eye.
I honestly didn't think their was anything wrong with the shot. Short and he's tried to hook it, unfortunately he got a top edge and was caught a fine leg. If that's how you deal with the short ball then so be it. The way the RadioSport commentators were banging on as I was driving home I assumed he was out backing away trying to clear long on or something.

Wright

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Golden (green) days. How much would Southee be averaging with the ball now if the BCCI hadn't of bitched about the pitches on the 2002/03 tour?

Unbelievable, imagine NZC telling the BCCI how to prepare their wickets?? Home countries should be able to prepare wickets that suit their strengths.

Mike5181

International Captain
By the time Bracewell became coach in 2003, Oram and Cairns were established as the test allrounders. Although it is incredible Adams didn't play more given his success on debut. Just looking at the Windies tour in 2002 which followed that England series and he didn't even make the squad.
Chris Harris should have been nowhere near number four in test cricket at that stage after barely averaging just 20. Even if he was a gun at first-class level with the bat, It just looks strange having him bat ahead of Astle, and McMillan who were averaging around 40 back then.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I honestly didn't think their was anything wrong with the shot. Short and he's tried to hook it, unfortunately he got a top edge and was caught a fine leg. If that's how you deal with the short ball then so be it. The way the RadioSport commentators were banging on as I was driving home I assumed he was out backing away trying to clear long on or something.
He'd been in 4 balls, had the responsibility at #8 to help guide us towards avoiding the follow on. He shouldn't have been thinking about playing the attacking hook, but ducking under the ball and letting it go through to the keeper. Exactly what Bruce Martin is capable of doing.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
2_072_05 - YouTube

Technically Southee hasn't got a hope in hell of getting over the top of his hook shot, **** me. Here I was hoping with some new talent coming through, the days of your provincial team being ****ed right off the bat might be over.

Andre Adams Interview (1/2), May 2012 - YouTube

Andre Adams Interview (2/2), May 2012 - YouTube

Bracewell vs. Adams was a depressing tale. Also, Adams wasn't helped by '140 or nothing' mania in the wake of Bond's success, the FC averages of the Tama Cannings etc. in domestic cricket whipping people into broad-brushed contempt of anyone slower.

The upshot is that cricket's going to be pretty wilfully ******** in NZ for decades to come, administrators hoisting pictures of Dougeh etc. up the flagpole and scraping the depths for a target market to salute. The most natural custodians and guardians of the game - Coney, Fleming, Adams, O'Brien - all realised that to stick around would require a Turner-like relish for unfruitful and purely academic resistance, so they exercised their independence of mind and left.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Heh, Sky UK have actually delayed their coverage of the day by an hour so that they can show the rest of the Barca game. So yeah, clearly they're aren't much hopeful.

Blain

U19 Captain
Yeah no play today guys, looks misty as **** out there.

In regards to Southee, being at the game I can say it was a horrible shot. For the context of the game, it was a shocker. Southee ---> No 10 if he bats like that. Martin should be 8, Wagner 9. You cant have your number 8 going for wild slogs when the follow on is that close.