• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Bad news for the English fans, but it is going to be a very long lunch break.

Edit: ****, that's the last time i try to predict Wellington weather.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
If either of this pair falls I can easily see Panesar running through us.

OTOH, if we get a decent lead, I can just as easily see Bruce Martin running through England.

Interesting times.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Odds for the draw closing in big time with this mornings NZ resistance and now the rain.
I've always wondered what the Daily Mail would think were the British Government of the day to decide to construct Jerusalem in the green, verdant pastures of England.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
****, how green is that pitch for a march match? Really miss the way nz pitches used to be before the '03 India tour.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Well when a seagull decides to take a bath in the middle of the wicket block, you know that prospects of play look pretty bleak.

Days of Grace

International Captain
****, how green is that pitch for a march match? Really miss the way nz pitches used to be before the '03 India tour.
Golden (green) days. How much would Southee be averaging with the ball now if the BCCI hadn't of bitched about the pitches on the 2002/03 tour?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Given how much he wasted the new ball during the early years of his career, I reckon he'd still have a pretty high average.

But if Daryl Tuffey had started his career maybe a decade earlier I reckon he would've had a much more succesful international career.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty sure that particular one at Eden Park was a drop-in pitch IIRC. Either way it was a cracking cricket wicket.

Zinzan

****, this 2002 Eden Park test match... How did Adams never play another test. It still beggars belief over a decade later.
I could never work that out either. Pretty sure the tour to Pakistan followed that NZ summer. Not sure if Adams got injured or whether he was one of the pacemen left out for an extra spinner for Pakistan. I know Bracewell who became NZ coach in '03/04 wasn't an Adams fan.

Zinzan

Bit weird that Gladstone Small recalls Botham making his comeback match at Trent Bridge on Small's debut, when in actually fact it was the next test (3rd test of that series) at the Oval when Beefy made the comeback.