• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
To be fair on him, he's just not up to playing at this level, so I don't really blame him. It's the selectors fault.
I don't mind that Fulton has technical problems that will limit his effectiveness as an opener. At this stage of his career he can't help that and just has to live with it.

I do mind that Fulton repeatedly makes unbalanced prods at the ball outside offstump that he doesn't need to play, that he'd failed to edge the previous one and then decided to go and do it again, when that same shot got him out in the first innings and a similar one in the first test too. LEARN SOMETHING FFS.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you told me Fulton would average nearly 34 in the series after the second test, I would have taken that.
That average doesn't even go close to painting a picture of just how far below test level he's looked though.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor's form is questionable and 'things' just aren't going right for him at the moment (receiving a jaffa first ball etc) - don't have much hope that he will bail us out here. Feeling a little more confident with Williamson.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't mind that Fulton has technical problems that will limit his effectiveness as an opener. At this stage of his career he can't help that and just has to live with it.

I do mind that Fulton repeatedly makes unbalanced prods at the ball outside offstump that he doesn't need to play, that he'd failed to edge the previous one and then decided to go and do it again, when that same shot got him out in the first innings and a similar one in the first test too. LEARN SOMETHING FFS.
Of course his judgement outside off-stump (or lack of it) along with poor footwork are his main weaknesses, hence why as you put it, he doesn't seem to learn. This has never changed since he starting playing international cricket some 7 years ago.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice to see the Tim Southee haters are back in full force, this place just isn't the same when he isn't copping all the blame.
**** mate, all I'm saying is he should not be batting at 8 when you've got Bruce Martin below him and in the situation in the first innings he could arguably have been below Wagner too. If you think that was a sensible shot from him then you need an optometrist to look at your one eye.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Looking North, there are some very dark clouds coming in with the breeze. Reckon there'll be a significant stoppage after lunch.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I cannot remember seeing a NZ pitch turn this much. Looks only a matter of time until Panesar gets a wicket with one of these.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Can see Williamson's thoughts vs the offspinner: "if it pitches slightly short outside off I want to force it through the offside for runs". Bit worried about that.

Nice shot there though.