• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

vandem

International 12th Man
How long is Guptill out injured for? Possible return for the 3rd Test?
Don't think so.

Is a shame Latham is still in the test squad, situation of the series and inexperience of Rutherford means that an experienced opener would be best replacement for Fulton if he fails again. Michael Papps has made a few runs recently (586 runs in last 6 innings). But dropping Fulton, and not picking Latham is harsh.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
How long is Guptill out injured for? Possible return for the 3rd Test?

Watching Southee this morning was so frustrating. Got to question his effort, especially with the way he bowled in the first innings. If we're talking about bringing Bracewell into the team for the 3rd Test, I would of thought cut Southee loose based on how Boult and Wagner are performing at the moment.

Did anyone hear on when NZ last had a full-house for a Test day?
Guptill's had thumb surgery.

Using 'new father Tim Southee' as an upwind bowler, batting him at 8, letting a bit of a kite fly out there about vice-captaincy, it's all a bit of a John Kirwan Ali Williams ploy IMO that's failed to find any light behind Southee's eyes. Hesson and McCullum buying into the “treat a person as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat him as he could be..." quote favoured by most modern coaches.

I know there was a day of the final South African test in 2004 where they hit capacity and shut the gates, letting regular punters into the Vance Stand.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Don't think so.

Is a shame Latham is still in the test squad, situation of the series and inexperience of Rutherford means that an experienced opener would be best replacement for Fulton if he fails again. Michael Papps has made a few runs recently (586 runs in last 6 innings). But dropping Fulton, and not picking Latham is harsh.
Agree with that. Fulton is seemingly looking a bit more comfortable at the crease now though isn't he. He's probably a lock-in until Guptill is back I would imagine.

Using 'new father Tim Southee' as an upwind bowler, batting him at 8, letting a bit of a kite fly out there about vice-captaincy, it's all a bit of a John Kirwan Ali Williams ploy IMO that's failed to find any light behind Southee's eyes. Hesson and McCullum buying into the “treat a person as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat him as he could be..." quote favoured by most modern coaches.
Does seem quite bizzare I agree. Certainly with the depth we appear to be getting in the bowling department, it will interesting to see what happens on the tour of England.

I'm becoming quite a fan of Bruce Martin as well. Trys hard with the bat, and puts in a lot of effort with the ball. Would be harsh to drop him for Vettori if he keeps it up.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Whisper it quietly...

Fulton has looked quite decent during the last half hour.
I'll give you that he likes the ball on his pads.

Has earned himself the next test anyway. And as reluctant as I am to admit it, probably the England tour as a squad member as well.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ian Smith castigating Southee and Boult for giving away their wickets just prior to avoiding the follow-on. Fair enough too. Hadn't seen Boult's shot until now - yeah that was pretty ****house in that situation.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
That's the one.

I still think it probably gets so brutal for Fulton at Eden Park that his stock really tanks, in spite of this second surprise fifty. Bartin vs. Vettori another one. I'd quite like to see Cribb's preferred NZ attack for Lord's.

jcas0167

International Debutant
That's the one.

I still think it probably gets so brutal for Fulton at Eden Park that his stock really tanks, in spite of this second surprise fifty. Bartin vs. Vettori another one. I'd quite like to see Cribb's preferred NZ attack for Lord's.
Attack for Lords will probably be the same as the attack for this game? Possibly Bracewell could force his way back in ahead of Southee or Wagner.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm blaming Tim Southee if we end up losing this match. No way he should be batting at 8 in these circumstances. Should be behind Martin and Wagner in that sort of situation.