• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Stapel

International Regular
I remember a long stop was always a 'must' in under 10s cricket.
Long Stop was the integral position for our sides in junior cricket.
Thanks for answering the question, before I asked :) . It actually makes sense now.

I've played my first cricket match when I was 33 years old..... Cricket isn't much of a tradition in The Netherlands.

BeeGee

International Captain
123 for 5

Unbelievable.

NZ should save everyone's time and just start from that score.

Last edited:

Jezroy

State Captain
Good news for NZ fans - if we can hold out till lunch tomorrow, the weather forecast is very poor for the last day and a half.

So sad to think that way. But true.

Jezroy

State Captain
Heard a rumour that the main reason Baz is batting down the order is because Hesson knew he would more likely be able to talk about a lot more Brendon/BJ partnerships.

Stapel

International Regular
There does seem a reluctance from recent England captains to over attack in these situations. Not that having a third slip is necessarily over attacking, just a sensible field setting you'd think with a side like NZ under pressure. I can slightly understand the thinking when McCullum is on strike in terms of trying to frustrate him and stop him hitting boundaries, I still don't agree that we shouldn't have a third slip early on to him, but against Watling a third slip should be a must.
Though I can't see what's the difference, Finn now has three slips and a gully.

Woodster

International Captain
He's played 79 games, so it's going to be hard work getting that average to move.
Oh yes I appreciate that, but his level of performance has been so consistent for some time now, just thought it might have been enough to drop below 30, not to be yet.

Jezroy

State Captain
Heard a rumour that Hesson got really excited reading a news article the other day.

It said the way he bats, McCullum always gets "bums on seats".

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
Oh yes I appreciate that, but his level of performance has been so consistent for some time now, just thought it might have been enough to drop below 30, not to be yet.
Anderson cam from really far. There was a point where everyone, apart from the England Management, was wondering why he was even considered. Anderson is the most improved bowler ever, I suppose...

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Although we're doing badly, at least these two are managing to rotate the strike and pick up some runs. Helps that the English bowlers are still providing some looser deliveries.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Pretty sure Anderson was averaging around when we came here last 5 years ago. When you look at it like that, it's been a remarkable improvement.