• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Woodster

International Captain
There does seem a reluctance from recent England captains to over attack in these situations. Not that having a third slip is necessarily over attacking, just a sensible field setting you'd think with a side like NZ under pressure. I can slightly understand the thinking when McCullum is on strike in terms of trying to frustrate him and stop him hitting boundaries, I still don't agree that we shouldn't have a third slip early on to him, but against Watling a third slip should be a must.

Woodster

International Captain
Can't believe Jimmy's bowling average isn't under 30 yet, surely it's only a matter of time before he's in the twenties.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
McCullum's defense is always suspect but is in such good form whenever attacking.

Haha, actually, bottom edged that and it still went for six :happy:

Jezroy

State Captain
FFS, this is uncanny, I'm cursed. First ball I sit down to watch yesterday & Rutherford gets out and now first ball this morning Williamson falls.
My problem this series has been if I am driving home listening to it, by the time time I've stopped the car and come inside, we lose a wicket.

Sorry Kane. I got you out.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol

That includes a Long Stop. A position in the field I only know off, because I once saw it on a traditional fielding position map, in the pavilion of a cricket club.
I remember a long stop was always a 'must' in under 10s cricket.

Jezroy

State Captain
That's either Eden Park or you're not great at drawing ovals.
You are very very right - that does look disturbingly like Eden Park.

The only reason that place looks like a cricket ground is because of the pitch in the middle. When it's been put in.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lol

That includes a Long Stop. A position in the field I only know off, because I once saw it on a traditional fielding position map, in the pavilion of a cricket club.
Long Stop was the integral position for our sides in junior cricket.