• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FFS, this is uncanny, I'm cursed. First ball I sit down to watch yesterday & Rutherford gets out and now first ball this morning Williamson falls.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
**** sake Kane

He and Brownlie were our two batsmen I had the most faith in in this situation. Watling and McCullum can also contribute but looking unlikely we'll make the follow on here now.

Meridio

International Regular
****, ****, ****ing **** ****.

Soft dismissal. Pitch looking flat this morning, England bowling looking pretty average, and Kane's just punched one in the air. ****.

Woodster

International Captain
Excellent return catch from Broady!Was just thinking he's looking a little ineffective so far this morning, and then he gets one, seemingly out of nothing. Important wicket.

Stapel

International Regular
Anderson not looking good, not great body language, seems to have a problem...., bla bla...., wicket by a good delivery.

What should we make of that?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, they are getting the ball to move. Was gun barrel when coming out of the Kiwi hands.
the pitch has hardened up and it's not as fine as it was on the first day.

There was a bit of movement for Southee and Boult on day 2 as well.

Stapel

International Regular
Time to hit the mute button, Botham's going to moan about the slips.
Well, I was just going to moan about the lack of slips....

Why not have three slips AND a gully? NZ are basically minus 350 for 5, and Broad and Jimmy are making the ball move!

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
And rightly so to be fair. NZ are 100/5 (still 165 from the follow-on) and both batsmen are new to the crease. Criminal not having a 3rd slip.
Botham wants five slips but still wants protection in front of the wicket though. And a third man would be good too.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
3 slips and a gully is what we should have. At least until McCullum is in and starts going crazy anyway. Cook is even more defensive than Strauss was.