• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

BeeGee

International Captain
I wouldn't have put her in the 'hot' category myself, but each to their own.
Mate, your standards are too high. You'll never get a root like that.

Speaking of Root, he's not had the best series so far. Especially given the batsman friendly conditions.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mate, your standards are too high. You'll never get a root like that.

Speaking of Root, he's not had the best series so far. Especially given the batsman friendly conditions.
Yeah. there's been a lot of hype about Joe, most pundits seemed to want him opening instead of Compo before the series started. Yet he's young, might be time to put him on the back-burner, Bairstow is a much better number 6 IMHO.

Should be said also, the English selectors deserve a lot of praise for seeing straight outa as an opener, hey it may not be long-term, but he's helped us win in India, and done well in New Zealand. Not sure anyone, including himself, would have seen Nicko as a dogged opener, until recently.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Thought England's coaching staff have been working overtime devising plans against us since the last test.

A deep point to Rutherford was a good idea. The constant bouncers created dot balls and dried up our runs possibly leading to Ruthers flashing at one.(Yes he might have gone after it anyway.)

Me and my mates gave Taylor a standing O and then he got a golden. So many English fans at the ground they all erupted with the dismissal. I felt outnumbered.

Chubb

International Regular
Thought England's coaching staff have been working overtime devising plans against us since the last test.

A deep point to Rutherford was a good idea. The constant bouncers created dot balls and dried up our runs possibly leading to Ruthers flashing at one.(Yes he might have gone after it anyway.)

Me and my mates gave Taylor a standing O and then he got a golden. So many English fans at the ground they all erupted with the dismissal. I felt outnumbered.
Where were you? I was in front of the monument for the 3rd session.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Btw - new zealand's ozone layers bites. The sun was devastating for about an hour today until finally the cloud cover arrived. It was uncomfortably hot.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Martin's been absolute gun considering I expected nothing much off him tbh.

LOLFulton. And good to see Kaneh getting a start and all, but he better convert it.

Blain

U19 Captain
Cant wait for tomorrow, ill be there! Really will be the crucial day of the test. Either we fall short, or stand up and bat the day.

lockton2skipper

U19 Debutant
to be really competitive nz are missing a strike bowler, southee, boult bracewell are all ok, neil wagner huffs and puffs but is ultimately ordinary at test standard .

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
When does Prior go from being just "handy" to one of the best players in the world at the moment? In my view, the moment has already passed. Seriously, WAG. I doubt he'll put down a chance for the rest of the series as well.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes Prior's role in this side over the last couple of years cannot be underestimated. I've always liked what he gives the side but I have probably never put him in the very top bracket of keeper-batsmen, I think now he deserves to be mentioned alongside the very best for his all-round performances.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
to be really competitive nz are missing a strike bowler, southee, boult bracewell are all ok, neil wagner huffs and puffs but is ultimately ordinary at test standard .
TBF the conditions really didn't suit Southee and Boult, and they're both much more dangerous when it's swinging, just like Anderson. I agree about Wagner though.

Woodster

International Captain
Must admit I do enjoy watching Williamson's development in Test cricket. His driving at the top of the bounce off the back foot is imperious, big wicket for us to get in this morning session.