• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Flem274*

123/5
Well I guess one positive we can take is we kept KP quiet two innings in a row. Last thing we needed was for him to cash in today and bring some form in to the next test.

England have this all wrapped up here so Bell will make 80 odd not out.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well I guess one positive we can take is we kept KP quiet two innings in a row. Last thing we needed was for him to cash in today and bring some form in to the next test.
True. And let's hope it lasts. If he's in form going into the Eden Park match, dear lord, there'll be carnage.

Flem274*

123/5
BTW I know he's injured with a niggle, but does anyone think the extra outswing pace of Milne would have made a difference in removing some tail end batsmen faster in this test, or is the pitch just too slow?

I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't make the touring party to England in some form provided he's fit.

Flem274*

123/5
On the subject of New Zealand roads, after racking up 400 in their last match, CD look like they're going to be the only team for several weeks not to score 300+ in an innings at Pukekura Park today.

Jezroy

State Captain
Wagner's was 68.8 going into the match, so big improvement so far. Let's hope it's the right side of 40 by the end of today.
Let us hope. Quickly.

Methinks if the miracle is to happen, they need these last 6 wickets in the next 20 overs (and 5-6 of those would be with the new ball).

Bloody Bell.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From the CricInfo commentary:

"Coming up to an hour without a run for Finn..."
This is where you need a genuine fast bowler like Milne in the side, even if he is a little raw and wayward. A lower order batsman like Finn would find it a lot more uncomfortable lasting 200 deliveries if there was genuine pace at one end.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Or someone who could really rip it... or swing it... or seam it.... or who had a well-disguised yorker or slower-ball.... or just any old point of difference for taking wickets on un-lively pitches.