• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Daniel Flynn opening for ND. Apologies if that's already been mentioned, but there's gotta be some significance to that.

I like the move.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Flynn 25 (29)

doing a mini-ryder. Not quite so gritty at domestic level. TAKE IT SRSLY FLYNN DAMNIT

I keed. Plenty of dross being served up undoubtedly

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Flynn 25 (29)

doing a mini-ryder. Not quite so gritty at domestic level.
He's probably just getting a few more loose balls. No point in practising not putting away crap deliveries.

Ryder is just trying to slog every ball, regardless of quality.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Daniel Flynn opening for ND. Apologies if that's already been mentioned, but there's gotta be some significance to that.

I like the move.
Did it last match too and scored 166 vs Martin, Martin and De Grandhomme (sounds like a law firm).

You can see the boundaries here.

Was interesting in Flynn's innings he got to 40 off something like 30 balls but then consolidated and accumulated from there - maybe the bowling was just rubbish at the start.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Did it last match too and scored 166 vs Martin, Martin and De Grandhomme (sounds like a law firm).

You can see the boundaries here.
Hmmm. I liked the pull shots, but there were some pretty reckless drives in there on the up wide of off stump.

He clearly enjoys the harder ball though.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yeah, that drive on the up to good length balls wide of off stump is going to have him caught in the gully way too many times for an opening batsman.

He doesn't seem to play it in international cricket though, so we'll see.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Agree with both of you and even moreso if Flynn wants to open. Unless the ball is really really full he won't get away with it. He can get that shot out again after 40 overs*

It wasn't quite as wide but he did play a somewhat similar shot for the first ball duck in the second SA test.
39.4 136.1 kph, two in two! What a bowling change this is turning out to be. This was pitched up from over the wicket, Flynn was forward and shaping to drive through the off side, takes the outside edge. Kleinveldt looked back just to confirm but he was certain 84/4
*:laugh: at a NZ opening batsman lasting 40 overs

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not opposed to Flynn opening again. At least it gives us that left/right combo which is logically a must as far as I'm concerned. Why wouldn't you want to ask opposition opening bowlers to start against both a right and lefthander if you can?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricket: Ross Taylor To Make Black Caps Return | Stuff.co.nz

Twenty20 squad: Brendon McCullum (c), Trent Boult, Ian Butler, Grant Elliott, Andrew Ellis, James Franklin, Martin Guptill, Roneel Hira, Mitchell McClenaghan, Nathan McCullum, Colin Munro, Hamish Rutherford, Ross Taylor.

ODI squad: Brendon McCullum (c), Trent Boult, Grant Elliott, Andrew Ellis, James Franklin, Martin Guptill, Mitchell McClenaghan, Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Colin Munro, Ross Taylor, BJ Watling, Kane Williamson.

Flem274*

123/5
Raw deal for Neesham. Batting allrounder forced to bat at eight below a bowling allrounder, hardly given a bowl and then dropped for Andy Ellis...

Guessing this will be who we wheel out first up for the ODIs.

McCullum (c)
Guptill
Williamson
Taylor
Elliott
Watling (wk)
Franklin (5)
NcCullum (4)
Mills (1)
Boult (2)
McClenaghan (3)

Last edited: