• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
50 up.

From the sounds of things, the lot of them have been too short.

How's Southee been bowling? Still too low at the point of release?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
50 up.

From the sounds of things, the lot of them have been too short.

How's Southee been bowling? Still too low at the point of release?
Overall I've been pretty happy with our bowling - Boult, Southee and at times Wagner have probed fairly consistently. Short balls have been an exception and there's only too many of them because they do very little on this wicket.

Southee's release still the same.

Flem274*

123/5
)ccupied wih the prospect of destoryng yout sht bowlers ****
If what we've seen so far is destruction I'd hate to see them struggling.

I suppose that would be preferable to seeing them bat slowly though. I think I'd die of boredom.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Harmison reckons New Zealand can chase 200 in the final session if it gets to that tomorrow.

Harmison is the biggest idiot out of the whole lot of 2005 ashes winners and that's saying something given Vaughan, Flintoff and Pietersen were in the same team.

A clipping from the cricket paper a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't been watching so don't know what he has been saying today but how guys like him get a job doing this **** pisses me off like **** ( i assume he is the sky uk studio?). Would love if there were more cricketing journalists who haven't played cricket professionally getting a chance rather than some ex player who is just there for a pay cheque and hasn't watched any international cricket since he retired. Some ex pros offer a lot when they finish (even Vaughan for instance when he initially started was brilliant on bbc radio with his understanding of the game and explanations but seems to be having some kind of massive midlife crisis right now and is a massive tool) but idiots like harmison, hoggard and flintoff offer nothing to analysis of a game.

In the studio a much better balance would be a cricketing journalist with an ex player rather than two ex players who are so england centric that they have no idea who half the opposition players are and dismiss them as a result.

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
This is a massive innings for Compton. He doesn't look good enough to me but Vaughan and Boycott having been upping there get Bairstow and Root in the team agenda in the last few days so I'm hoping for a Compton masterclass just to piss of those two *****

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This is a massive innings for Compton. He doesn't look good enough to me but Vaughan and Boycott having been upping there get Bairstow and Root in the team agenda in the last few days so I'm hoping for a Compton masterclass just to piss of those two *****
Root is in the team.