• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cook is the rock. If NZ get him early it is game over barring weather or freak performances.

Some good news about Bresnan that was forgotten at the time because England were collapsing in their first innings but a couple of days ago he tweeted.

Tim Bresnan ‏@timbresnan

Just to Let you lot who don't know into "the Loop" swanny is in unbelievable hands. If ever I have anything wrong with me again. The man ...

They call Shawn is sorting it. He is as good at surgery on elbows as Dave Grohl is on drums. Av it. I have done things in the last 2 weeks

That I have not done in 18 months without pain. #savior

Sounds like really good news for Bres at this initial stage. Really happy for him. Fingers crossed for Swann as well.
Good, hope he has a good run for Yorkshire before any possible return to the England side but lets hope he gets that nip back that was missing since the India home series.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Any thoughts on when to declare should be put on hold until we see what the weather is like tomorrow morning.

If it is raining, or the start will be delayed, I would probably declare now.
If it isn't, I would keep batting for 45 minutes to an hour, and go hell for leather. If we make an extra 50-70 runs in the morning, then that's 50-70 runs we wouldn't have to chase in the second innings, when the pitch is likely to be lower and slower and harder to score quickly on.
awta

Weather forecast sounds good

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pffft, first look at the weather this morning and it looks worse than yesterday morning.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
One ball moved off the seam and beat McCullum so that's somewhat encouraging. England have bowled a tad short though

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't really believe it when people said Bruce Martin would add something to the lower-order batting - I know he has a couple of hundreds domestically but also averages something like 18. And look at how poorly Doug Bracewell has done with the bat for us.

But Martin's done very well so far.