• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Jezroy

State Captain
If you want a positive - there is surely now no chance of NZ losing, meaning we can really attack when we bowl.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
How good was Rutherford? Toothless bowling or is there something there? If he's decent, and if Ryder can somehow sort his thing, with McCullum down where he belongs, a middle order of Williamson and Taylor....good bowling stocks to boot. Things can only get better, right? Right?
Ryder can p*** off. This team is moving forwards without him. From reports I've read he doesn't even try to bat properly in FC cricket, just goes in for a slog. Not exactly what you want in a Test batsman. Same lack of heart and discipline both on and off the field. Out of the question one hopes. And out of form at the moment anyway.

Jezroy

State Captain
Ryder can p*** off. This team is moving forwards without him. From reports I've read he doesn't even try to bat properly in FC cricket, just goes in for a slog. Not exactly what you want in a Test batsman. Same lack of heart and discipline both on and off the field. Out of the question one hopes. And out of form at the moment anyway.
Good news for the NZ test team is that unless Jesse wants to open, it's hard to see where he fits in.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Good news for the NZ test team is that unless Jesse wants to open, it's hard to see where he fits in.
I fail to see how that's good news. You've shoehorned yourself into picking Peter Fulton or Martin Guptill every game now but if Ryder wants to play, there's no spot for him. This is not a good thing; this is a waste of resources.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I fail to see how that's good news. You've shoehorned yourself into picking Peter Fulton or Martin Guptill every game now but if Ryder wants to play, there's no spot for him. This is not a good thing; this is a waste of resources.
It's a good thing if it means Ryder doesn't walk back into the side whenever he feels like it.

BeeGee

International Captain
Ryder isn't a resource, he's a liability.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
still 2 extended days to go. Slog for the first half of the morning session. Runs here are less runs required to chase and it's easier batting now.

BeeGee

International Captain
still 2 extended days to go. Slog for the first half of the morning session. Runs here are less runs required to chase and it's easier batting now.
Yeah, it becomes a balancing act between how long NZ think they need to bowl England out Vs time lost to the weather Vs how confident they are at chasing a small total.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Nah... stick the suckers in first thing I say, early 10.00am start, and make the most of whatever dampness is in there. There's enough runs on the board, go hard or go home :ph34r: