• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Flem274*

123/5
My bad guys, Turned the radio on in the car on the way home and the first ball was the Rutherford wicket. They've been tumbling ever since.

****ing epic knock from Rutherford!

Jezroy

State Captain
NZ Pick The Score - Get in quick...

< 360
360-370
371-380
381-390
391-400
401-410
411-420
421-430 - Jezroy
431-440
441-450

Jezroy

State Captain
England aren't out of this game at all, though. Their batting is going to be far, far better than in the first innings
Yes - and we're now 200 in front.

They're gonna have to make AT LEAST 400 to make a game of it. And there is every chance they won't.

Course, every chance they will set us 190 to win, and we won't.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yes - and we're now 200 in front.

They're gonna have to make AT LEAST 400 to make a game of it. And there is every chance they won't.

Course, every chance they will set us 190 to win, and we won't.
That's exactly it though. Neither England scoring 400+ or NZ being rolled for <200 are very unlikely possibilities. I'll take my doom 'n' gloom hat off now ftr

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
More worrying than the fact that England won't be as bad as they were in the first innings is the fact that Wagner won't be as good as he was.
I know it's a bit unfair to be harsh on him, but even with that brilliant first over, he barely swung the ball after that and the seam was all over the place. He took 4 wickets and still went at 4 an over.

We can't afford for him to spray the ball around. He needs to be tight.

Jezroy

State Captain
Another reason I feel reasonably positive - we normally lose our grip on a reasonable position when we bat 1st and 3rd. That seems to be the jinx.