• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Wow.. haven't seen Anderson taken to the cleaners like this in Test cricket probably since Sachin's test in 2008 when Sehwag went nuts.

Go son of Ken go..

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Is there something in the way England are responding under pressure here? There's just a feeling of annoyance out there and probably a batsmen vs bowlers 'dynamic'.

When I think of say, Australian cricketers being pissed off with each other, I then think of them focusing that anger and sharpening their resolve against the opposition. I don't know if that's still accurate for the current Australian side but it definitely is what I associate with them.

Whereas there's something in the way Anderson and Broad are behaving - their pride has been damaged, they're feeling embarrassed and they're responding by acting petulantly towards their team-mates (who admittedly, have let them down, but that's not the point). It reminds me of previous English teams that have acted similarly in similar situations.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can't remember the last time I enjoyed a knock as much as this one. :)

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Don't even think about it until we have a 200 run lead. After that, look at the forecast and if it's still good, look to build a 300 run lead.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
There's rain forecast, so kane needs to get a move on
time is of the essence
couldn't disagree more.

KW is being ruthless. Before we win we need to bat England out of the game. He is doing that.

Remember we have Taylor, McCullum and Watling to come in...and as I speak Rutherford is taking to Panesar.