• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

BeeGee

International Captain
Rutherford looks a class above anything we have tried since Richardson. Not that that's saying much.
He's looking good, but this deck is a batsman's paradise. His real test will be against the new ball on a green top. This has been a top knock, though.

Excellent partnership, lads.

Mr_Ronan

Banned
Good to see NZ unearthing some new talent. I haven't seen Rutherford bat but putting in an effort like this on debut vs a great attack is a sensational effort.

You get the feeling Eng are gonna come back hard at NZ at some point, so it'll be interesting to see if the Kiwis can hold their nerve and chalk up a big win.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
If you had told me a year ago that Rutherford & Fulton would be involved in a 150* opening partnership vs. England I would've been all "whaaaaaaaaaat? How did they get selected?". If you had told me that straight after SA I would've buggered you sideways in joy.

Meridio

International Regular
Blast. England have bowled a bit better the last few overs. Complete lack of foot movement from Fulton though.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Oh Fulty, why couldn't you have stayed there a little longer.
Would've been nice to see a tonne but as far as recalls go, given he's opening, he's done incredibly well imo.

Hoping there isn't a collapse. I better stop following whats going on and check in at stumps.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
What a shot!!!!!

Rutherford joins the greats of NZ cricket. Vincent, Styris, Sinclair etc :p

And celebrates with an awkward embrace.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well played Rutherford. England have tried to bowl at his weaker on side, but he's just picked up the ones as they've come and thumped the odd boundary ball here and there. Great start.