• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Binkley

U19 Captain
My memory for stats is not what it used to be, but I am pretty sure that Hamish has now scored more runs in his first 4 overs of batting than his Dad did in his first 4 test matches.

Jezroy

State Captain
My memory for stats is not what it used to be, but I am pretty sure that Hamish has now scored more runs in his first 4 overs of batting than his Dad did in his first 4 test matches.
Got 12 in his first 7 innings/4 matches.

Then got a 65 vs Aussie in Wgtn.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
"More runs in his first 12 balls that his dad made in his whole first series".

Love the way they flick the switch out of gracious guest mode when it comes to NZ's modest attack and fragile batting order on TMS, feels like eavesdropping.

Flem274*

123/5
thats better.

definitely looks exactly like a middle order batsman promoted to open though. but still, he's here and good luck to him. nice start so far.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wish I could watch Fulton bat - the front-foot plonk getting into gear now?

Decent start for Rutherford too - I know he'll be a good player but was expecting nothing from him this match.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Hmm Anderson's head dropping a bit already... I'd say it's worth noting that this England team just don't do gritty fightbacks a lot do they... great front runners... but for the past 5 or so years they seem to either thrash or be thrashed - not many close results, the odd gritty draw e.g. in South Africa and Brisbane '10 exceptions. Even in India this trend was the case. They win more than they lose, but the point is if you can get on top of them (and NZ aren't quite in control of the game yet) you have a good chance of staying there.