• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Wright

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If anything they declared to late, being a gentlemen sport and being a warm up game.. We want to see our top order bat 2 sessions again also.
Hindsight is 20/20, the way things have gone he made the right decision.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
How about a name that celebrates the era when NZ first became truly competitive against England - The Moustashes.

The trophy could be an urn filled with some trimmings from Sir Richard and Sir Ian (although sadly the later is no longer sporting a tache these days, so that complicates things).
That is an excellent idea!

NZ cricket - please get onto this.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If he plays, he had better take wickets and/or bowl a lot of tight overs.

I'm not going to hold my breath, though.
If Gillespie was fit and firing, or even if someone like Butler or Milne was in the squad, I'd be all for leaving out Bruce Martin. I think he'd add more than Wagner though, even if it is the classic douchebag v turd sandwich comparison.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Luckily Goldenarmchops is here to pick up a wicket. I know it's only a warmup but would surely be a little embarrassing here if England were bowled out for 230-250.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Luckily Goldenarmchops is here to pick up a wicket. I know it's only a warmup but would surely be a little embarrassing here if England were bowled out for 230-250.
Not really, they're probably just looking to set up a decent target for their bowlers to have a go at tomorrow.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
imo this problem all stems from Gillespie being such a lazy **** most of the time, so when he actually puts the effort in his stride is slightly larger and he cant adapt

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
imo this problem all stems from Gillespie being such a lazy **** most of the time, so when he actually puts the effort in his stride is slightly larger and he cant adapt
this sounds like a good theory to me

commentators (in the rare occasions when they were actually on the radio) said he was struggling for rhythm all day

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Kippax is going to go out on a limb to suggest 'the Queenstown match' becomes a televised fixture whenever England, India and Australia tours.

It's true New Zealand sport never pulls off classy without coming across as a chimp in a dinner jacket - lord knows we've embarrassed ourselves enough on Twitter in the past few days by not having the foresight to get Radio Sport geo-blocked - but Kippax forecasts this to fare much better than our other attempt to start a red ball tradition*.

India are touring in late summer next year as it happens, so NZC could be seen as on pretty solid ground to ask taxpayers to help televise it.

* The Boxing Day Test perished after four years due to both minnows hanging around looking doleful at us in consecutive summers and creating a crippling social stigma, at which point NZC flipped it for some coin.