• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broad supposedly picked up an injury while he wasn't playing the 3rd test, which just happened to be an injury he had a cloud over before going into the series. I think it's pretty clear that he wasn't fit for the first two tests
Yeah and he needs to show he is fit again before he can be trusted for a test. There is no doubt when fit he is good enough but will his foot last multiple spells?

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
I read a piece the other day where the writer reckoned that Broad and Onions are fighting over the 3rd seamer's place in this match. I think that Onions would have to significantly out-perform Broad to take his place, but it won't do Broad any harm to have to justify his selection. Ironic given that Broad initially came into the side in NZ five years ago when the previously undroppable Hoggard and Harmison were ditched.
If I was NZ I'd much rather face Broad banging it in without much swing or seam action than Onions pitching it up and nibbling it

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
If I was NZ I'd much rather face Broad banging it in without much swing or seam action than Onions pitching it up and nibbling it
tbf broad has taken a load of wickets in the last couple of years by pitching it up and swinging and seaming it. he knows how to bowl in test cricket, he just isn't very fit

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Did anyone manage to listen to the wickets amongst the meat adds? Any context to caught Rae bowled Wagner? Slogging? Or proper wickets?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Telfer's interested in him after getting texts from Howsie types. Also after hearing who his dad is.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In, yeah.

I do love Leeds but it can't be claimed to be good looking.
See, I really liked the area by the canal between the station and the ring road, but that's because I'm a real sucker for anything industrial. It ****s me off that in Glasgow we've all but obliterated our riverfront.

vandem

International 12th Man
I doubt they'll play him [Neesham] as 4th seamer, he doesn't bowl enough overs to be considered as such, and Williamson's the only other one who can bowl in the team. They'll want someone who can bowl plenty of overs.....
Looking for a workhorse 4th seamer, bowling back-of-a-length, sharing the into the wind job with Williamson? Then Arnel > Wagner.

Last edited: