• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Binkley

U19 Captain
Did the radio just say Broom is out for the rest of the season with concussion?

****ing hell, this game is doing us more harm than good.:ph34r:
Has that been confirmed? And any news on the extent of the injury to Anderson. What a disaster of a first day. Still, at least Jimmy has shown some teeth.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
11th no-ball from Gillespie :blink:. And has apparently been rather erratic.

Meanwhile Wagner has another wicket but is only making the English play the new ball twice an over.

Patel not exactly impressing either.

Basically, the more these reserve bowlers bowl, the more we are reminded of their limitations and the less we want them to play for NZ. McClenaghan and Butler's reputations benefiting from not playing here :happy:

Neesham though :cool:

jcas0167

International Debutant
Catch for Otago & NZ under 19 bowler Michael Rae.

Update: sounds like quite a sluggish pitch so not really ideal for Gillespie or Wagner. According to Selvey Gillespie thought he had Cook caught behind with the 2nd new ball. And the Telegraph report indicates Broom is expected to be ok to bat.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I read a piece the other day where the writer reckoned that Broad and Onions are fighting over the 3rd seamer's place in this match. I think that Onions would have to significantly out-perform Broad to take his place, but it won't do Broad any harm to have to justify his selection. Ironic given that Broad initially came into the side in NZ five years ago when the previously undroppable Hoggard and Harmison were ditched.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I don't even know why the general consensus is that Finn has got above Broad in the pecking order tbh. Fitness would be the only thing that would make me not consider Broad as the second fast bowler on the teemsheet.

Anyway on ya Belly. He must be licking his lips at the prospect of no Asia until 2015.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I don't even know why the general consensus is that Finn has got above Broad in the pecking order tbh. Fitness would be the only thing that would make me not consider Broad as the second fast bowler on the teemsheet.

Anyway on ya Belly. He must be licking his lips at the prospect of no Asia until 2015.
well finn did replace a dropped broad in india. and finn has been rested from this warmup game which would suggest he is either the second seamer come the first test or not going to be selected at all.

Broad could actually do with scoring some proper runs for once rather than just sloggin when england are well ahead/behind in the game.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
A fit Broad >>>>>>>>>>>>> Finn.

Also, I'm quite happy for Root to learn his trade in the middle order, he can partner Cook later.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
A fit Broad >>>>>>>>>>>>> Finn.

Also, I'm quite happy for Root to learn his trade in the middle order, he can partner Cook later.

Well Broad was meant to be fit in India but Finn was clearly the better bowler in that series. Fast bowlers are never fully fit. They've gotta deal with the here and now rather than some half baked theory that Broad at his best is better than Finn at his best.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Broad supposedly picked up an injury while he wasn't playing the 3rd test, which just happened to be an injury he had a cloud over before going into the series. I think it's pretty clear that he wasn't fit for the first two tests