• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
My XI and extended squad.

1. J Ryder
2. M Guptill
3. K Williamson
4. R Taylor
5. G Elliott
6. B McCullum+
7. J Franklin
8. N McCullum (ugh)
9. K Mills
10. T Southee
11. M McClenaghan

12. B Watling
13. A Milne
14. M Bates
15. H Bennett

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My XI and extended squad.

1. J Ryder
2. M Guptill
3. K Williamson
4. R Taylor
5. G Elliott
6. B McCullum+
7. J Franklin
8. N McCullum (ugh)
9. K Mills
10. T Southee
11. M McClenaghan

12. B Watling
13. A Milne
14. M Bates
15. CJ Anderson
No Broom NZT ? :-O :p

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haha, You're being very selective with that query given he had that rare good spell in India in 2010.

More relevantly, if you look at his last 2 years (20 games) he's averaged 25 with a SR of 79 and with the ball has taken 9 wickets @ 42 and an economy of 5.40. On top of that, he's a slug in the field and his body language sucks.
I looked at Franklin's stats a few pages back going back 2 years then 1 year. In that past year he's improved.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
should've picked Boult, I don't care if he goes for a few, at least he's got the ability to take wickets.

****ing Ellis

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This is looking ridiculously easy. I realise our bowlers are probably pissed off that they have nothing to bowl at, but the bowling so far has been awful.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's it for me I think, It's not even a contest this.

I'm still flabbergasted by the lack of intent from NZ up-front today. For me they were never going to beat this English side just playing conventional cricket. We needed a different approach to put their bowlers, Anderson and Finn in particular off their stride. Really really disappointing the brains-trust that is NZ cricket couldn't work that one out.

Flem274*

123/5
btw I reckon Gillespie has returned to angry fast mode. Check out his dismissal of de Boorder today in the vault. Best celebration.

Flem274*

123/5
You can view wickets, boundaries etc just on the scorecards. I forgot how to get into the vault a couple of weeks back and cbf finding out again. Only NZC would make a video vault so impossible to use.