Page 13 of 508 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 7611
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

  1. #181
    Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stopping the AFL spreading to NZ
    Posts
    9,623
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Mitch, or Hamish Bennett when he's fit.
    I don't know who I cringe more at Arnel or Bennett probably Bennett because at least Arnel doesn't break down on you tieing his shoe laces.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

  2. #182
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    7,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    One final word on the Ronchi thing: I'm not saying he shouldn't make the side because he's a terrible cricketer, I'm saying he doesn't fit because we already have a performing wicketkeeper, Brownlie has made runs, and Taylor and Ryder are (well okay, only likely in Ryder's case) returning.
    You're seriously overestimating the likelihood of Ryder's return. It's a month away from the start of the England tour, and he has yet to provide any indication that he intends to play in that series. All he's said is that he hasn't ruled himself out and that he eventually wants to return to intl cricket, which is what he's been saying since the start of the season

    I'd agree to an avatar bet for the entirety of the England series that Ryder won't be playing. Any takers?
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

  3. #183
    International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    4,894
    Yeh I'll get on that.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

  4. #184
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    7,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    Yeh I'll get on that.
    OK, the terms then.

    The loser will wear the winner's choosen avatar from the day of the first T20, until the conclusion of the 3rd test (Feb 9 until around the 25th of March). Hopefully we get a nice clear statement from Ryder or NZ Cricket saying that he's either playing or he's not, shortly after the Jan 29 meeting. However, in the unlikely event that Ryder is still making his mind up during the T20's and ODI's about whether or not to play:

    Howsie wears the avatar I choose for him until Ryder publicly commits to play, after which I wear his avatar.

    Agreed?


  5. #185
    U19 Debutant jcas0167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    If Ryder isn't available, I would be tempted to bat Ronchi at 7, relieve BJ of the keeping duties and tell him to focus on making runs at 6. Still, even that's tricky, as that would leave NZ worryingly light on 5th bowling options. He'd need to keep piling on the runs in domestic cricket for the pro's to outweigh the con's.
    I would happily see Ronchi in the side as a specialist batsman. I was very impressed by him at Karori Park on debut last season (admittedly against a depleted CD line up).

    Even have him coming in at 7. He would be perfect to demoralise the fielding side, scoring quickly with proper cricket shots. Ensure we get 300+ totals for Southee, Bracewell & Boult to work with. They have shown they can get the wickets, they just need the runs. Williamson & Vettori/B. Martin can provide the spin.
    Last edited by jcas0167; 17-01-2013 at 03:24 PM.

  6. #186
    International Captain hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,223
    Sorry, I just don't understand the calls for Ronchi to make the team as a specialist batsman.

    I mean, Southee has scored a domestic century this season.

  7. #187
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    7,592
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Sorry, I just don't understand the calls for Ronchi to make the team as a specialist batsman.

    I mean, Southee has scored a domestic century this season.
    Ronchi scored two hundreds against a very strong ND bowling attack. Southee, Arnel (who averages 24 in PS cricket) and Aldridge is about as tough a test as you will get in New Zealand domestic cricket.

    I don't think too many people are arguing for him to be in the side as a specialist bat. I agree that he hasn't accomplished a whole lot, and has stats from his last couple of seasons in Sheffield Shield aren't great. But as a keeper batsman, since coming to NZ he's averaged nearly 80, and is meant to be a top quality keeper to boot, so he's definitely a contender.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 17-01-2013 at 07:18 PM.

  8. #188
    U19 Debutant jcas0167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Ronchi scored two hundreds against a very strong ND bowling attack. Southee, Arnel (who averages 24 in PS cricket) and Aldridge is about as tough a test as you will get in New Zealand domestic cricket.

    I don't think too many people are arguing for him to be in the side as a specialist bat. I agree that he hasn't accomplished a whole lot, and has stats from his last couple of seasons in Sheffield Shield aren't great. But as a keeper batsman, since coming to NZ he's averaged nearly 80, and is meant to be a top quality keeper to boot, so he's definitely a contender.
    It's also the manner he gets his runs. He scores at a good rate and looked to have a good technique when I saw him. I think having someone come in and play like that in the lower/middle order would be brilliant (the model of course being Gilchrist coming in at 7 and demoralising opponents). Ideally as keeper, but seeing Watling has the gloves and has the no6 spot I would just bring him in as a specialist at no7. Williamson/Brownlie could bowl 10-15 overs?

  9. #189
    International Regular Kippax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Central Districts
    Posts
    3,034
    Out-Of-Form Guptill Faces Chop For England Series | Stuff.co.nz

    I notice Doull has put the call out for Hamish Rutherford and Jeet Raval. Not sure where he's plucked Raval from, Hawke's Bay coach Lincoln Doull perhaps. "Take Carl Cachopa, he deserves a chance, give him four or five tests, no pressure" - Sinclair in his new radio segment.

    Hamish Rutherford, 99 vs. India A - YouTube

    Jimmy Anderson Three-Card Trick - YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

  10. #190
    International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    4,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    OK, the terms then.

    The loser will wear the winner's choosen avatar from the day of the first T20, until the conclusion of the 3rd test (Feb 9 until around the 25th of March). Hopefully we get a nice clear statement from Ryder or NZ Cricket saying that he's either playing or he's not, shortly after the Jan 29 meeting. However, in the unlikely event that Ryder is still making his mind up during the T20's and ODI's about whether or not to play:

    Howsie wears the avatar I choose for him until Ryder publicly commits to play, after which I wear his avatar.

    Agreed?
    Deal.

  11. #191
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    7,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Out-Of-Form Guptill Faces Chop For England Series | Stuff.co.nz

    I notice Doull has put the call out for Hamish Rutherford and Jeet Raval. Not sure where he's plucked Raval from, Hawke's Bay coach Lincoln Doull perhaps. "Take Carl Cachopa, he deserves a chance, give him four or five tests, no pressure" - Sinclair in his new radio segment.
    Raval has probably been the best performed of the young openers this season, even though he hasn't yet made a hundred. Bit of a change from the old days when he was a real feast or famine type.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 20-01-2013 at 03:26 AM.

  12. #192
    International Regular Kippax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Central Districts
    Posts
    3,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    Deal.
    What does Bahnz see as the stumbling block there btw? "I'd like to possibly open, and we'll just talk about the test form I guess....(leaving the ball) is definitely something I'll be working on in the next FC game". Very peculiar and specific things to say if he's now going to revert to giving zero ****s.

    Hesson says some things on the 29th that Ryder finds a bit strange, a la Ross?

  13. #193
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    7,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    What does Bahnz see as the stumbling block there btw? "I'd like to possibly open, and we'll just talk about the test form I guess....(leaving the ball) is definitely something I'll be working on in the next FC game". Very peculiar and specific things to say if he's now going to revert to giving zero ****s.

    Hesson says some things on the 29th that Ryder finds a bit strange, a la Ross?
    I just find it hard to believe that a guy, who has made no firm commitments 3 weeks out from a start of a series, who by the admission of his own coach takes team practice about as seriously as an aethiest does church, and whose own manager said was probably not returning for the England tour, would suddenly decide that he's ready at such a time of turmoil and unrest within the Blackcaps.

  14. #194
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,007
    It's Jesse Ryder. He could do anything at any moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  15. #195
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    7,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    It's Jesse Ryder. He could do anything at any moment.
    I agree that he could come back. I just don't think it's particularly likely.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 Predictions
    By theegyptian in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 31-12-2013, 10:09 AM
  2. Ashes Cricket 2013 Announced
    By James in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-03-2013, 05:53 PM
  3. The 2013 Ashes - which players will keep their place?
    By Howe_zat in forum Ashes 2013/2014
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 04:40 AM
  4. IPL Contracts 2011 - 2013 for the "stars"
    By social in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 26-04-2010, 07:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •