• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
More gun fielding on the boundary. One dropped catch does not "comedy" make
How many drops in all the games though and the ground fielding wasn't brilliant in the T20's and there was the fantastic run out. Need I go on?

Just expect NZ to be up there with the best in fielding at all aspects, this hasn't been so far.

Tricia McMillan

U19 Captain
I think we were actually in an okay position to try and defend our score starting with the last 20 overs or so, but we've gone and made a mess of it now.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Well done England. Pretty straightforward win.

Lots to work on for NZ. Our openers look very shaky and we cannot afford to start innings like that regularly. IMO we really missed McClenaghan and Guptill a lot today.

Zinzan

I'm not even sure 300 would have been enough for NZ tbh. Thoroughly professional chase by the poms. Was especially impressed with Cook's one-day batting. it's come a long way.

Zinzan

Well done England. Pretty straightforward win.

Lots to work on for NZ. Our openers look very shaky and we cannot afford to start innings like that regularly. IMO we really missed McClenaghan and Guptill a lot today.
I think we miss Ryder as much as anyone in this form at the top. Very few bowlers can restrict him.

Flem274*

123/5
who else is actually in our squad apart from munro and ellis?

watling -> 5 and drop elliott or franklin. bring in another opener (latham?). that would be my only change. need a spinner to **** **** up in the ford trophy too to create some competition.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hammered. Ah well, here's hoping that the sequence continues into the final ODI.

Really missed McC. Boult is a talented bowler, but he's much to loose for ODI's at this stage of his career. McClenaghan on the otherhand comes across as a really effective and intelligent ODI bowler who knows how to make best use of the moderate pace, bounce and swing that he generates in limited overs.

I think it's probably a good thing that Southee is playing in the ODI's, gives him a bit of a chance to blow out the cobwebs against quality batsmen before the tests.

Good to see Taylor get some runs at last, although if we're being brutally honest, he should've gotten there a lot faster.

jcas0167

International Debutant
who else is actually in our squad apart from munro and ellis?

watling -> 5 and drop elliott or franklin. bring in another opener (latham?). that would be my only change. need a spinner to **** **** up in the ford trophy too to create some competition.
I would have preferred Latham to Rutherford, but that was always unlikely after Rutherford had some success in the T20's last week.

I would bring in Ronchi to keep and open.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
So who does KP replace to get back in the side?

Can't drop Root, guy looks made for this level. Taken to it like a duck to water considering hardly anyone would have picked him in the first place.
Root was brilliant today, even allowing for the dropped catches. All the more so when you consider that he's batting out of position and he's only played a handful of these games..

As for KP, the hard-nosed, and probably correct, decision would be to have him open with Cook. As things stand, we're solid but vulnerable to the sort of thing that McCullum did the other day. With more fireworks in the top 3, BM could have done what he wanted and we'd still have won.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Far out, what a one sided chase that turned out to be. Props to whoever made the "England being ruthless vs just-below-par scores" call.