• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lets be honest though, Dernbach hasn't made a full strength English ODI side since the 2011 summer, and has been dropped from this squad all together. He's probably 7th or 8th in line in the ODI side, and in and around the T20 side. I don't think it's that hard to understand why he's in that position, even if you disagree and think he should be lower in the pecking order, surely.
the bloke averages runs-per-over in 50 list a stuff, whic is horrific, he really shouldn't be in top 30 of bowlers, there's absolutely nothing that suggests he's an International player, NOTHING.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Knight really does rate Woakes' batting
Yeah, always has. Went on record ages ago saying he was the second best young batting talent he'd ever seen come out of Warwickshire, right behind Ian Bell. I could tell that day that he genuinely felt he might play Test cricket as a batsman at some point and it really surprised me because at that point Woakes had played quite a few First Class games for ridiculously awesome opening bowling returns and nothing notable with the bat yet, primarily used at number 9.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Yeah, always has. Went on record ages ago saying he was the second best young batting talent he'd ever seen come out of Warwickshire, right behind Ian Bell. I could tell that day that he genuinely felt he might play Test cricket as a batsman at some point and it really surprised me because at that point Woakes had played quite a few First Class game for ridiculously awesome opening bowling returns and nothing notable with the bat yet, primarily used at number 9.
Yeah, I knew all that and it's somewhat been justified considering the bloke has 6 FC tons already and averages nigh on 40.

I just found it funny that in commentary in this game he's said he's got no doubts Woakes can bat 7 for England in ODIs but there are serious concerns whether he can send down 10 overs, considering Woakes' List A batting record

grecian

Yeah, I knew all that and it's somewhat been justified considering the bloke has 6 FC tons already and averages nigh on 40.

I just found it funny that in commentary in this game he's said he's got no doubts Woakes can bat 7 for England in ODIs but there are serious concerns whether he can send down 10 overs, considering Woakes' List A batting record
You're forgetting, in this argument, that Nick Knight is a ****ing idiot.

Woakes has bowled really well here though, interesting he (woakes) was eulogising Jimmeh before the match, if he could learn from him bowling-wise he may turn out a thoroughly decent performer for England